the september Elle magazine has been out since mid-august, and i was determined to wait till september to actually post about this – but i am far too impatient for my own good….
kim, lana, lauren and i were lucky enough to be featured in their spring issue for ‘the scoop on spring’. in case you read the article and were wondering what on earth i was talking about – here’s my post about atonement & morris and here is the old mac daddy trailer park. i also mentioned silk blouses, this is what i had in mind:
if you discovered my blog through the Elle, welcome! and thanks Elle mag, what an honour.READ MORE
- Bare ankles and APC loafers – I want some so badly
- Finnish patterns by Sanna Annukka
- My vintage children’s book collection- because a part of me will never grow up
- Triangle necklace by Laura Lombardi – because triangles are cool
- Scalloped shorts – so pretty
- Barcelona chair by Mies van der Rohe – a classic
- The Tallest Man on Earth – a little Swedish man who plays the banjo
- Mad Men – no explanation needed here
- Mast Brothers – chocolate, awesome beards and beautiful packaging
- Lizzy Stewart – I wish I could draw like her
- Coralie Bickford-Smith’s book cover designs
if ever i had a blogging twin, wolf eyebrows would be it. i can’t count how many times catherine and i have unintentionally done identical posts. so if you like the content around here, definitely pay her a visit :)
ps: those shorts!READ MORE
work by agata nowikaREAD MORE
more vintage posts soon, i promise.READ MORE
my little flat with zero forest / mountain / lake view is becoming increasingly depressing the more i look at these all images via contemporistREAD MORE
a bit of history: jessica and her twin sister debra and i have been friends since we were in grade 2 (around 7 years old). jessica and luke own & run nook eatery, the restaurant in stellenbosch i am constantly prattling on about. go eat there!
- Growing my own vegetable/herb garden (this is part of Jessica’s garden, by the way)
- Double denim – I want to be her!
- Gucci Eau de Parfum II – thanks Diana for introducing me to this fragrance 7 years ago.
- Rompers – My mom made one for me when I was 8 years old, and I lived in it every chance I had. It was yellow with blue straps that tied on the shoulders. I am searching for one for summer, and this denim one worn by Alessandra Ambrosio in NYC is near perfect!
- Spring flowers – it is this time of year that I buy more flowers than I know what to do with. Ranunculi (otherwise known as Persian Buttercups) are my favourite.
- Jean Gillon Leather Rosewood Sofa circa 1960s – I saw this couch at Pier Rabe Bosman’s Crossing showroom, and it was love at first touch and sight. At R22,000.00 it’s a fantasy rather than reality, but I can dream.
- Lemon Meringue Pie – I made some for Nook this week and was lucky enough to share a piece with Luke on Tuesday afternoon after work in the Botanical Gardens.
- Boston Terriers by Rubenacker – discovered through a random search on etsy. This print and others in his collection made me smile inside and out.
- Style contrast – Fascinated with this pic from The Sartorialist
- Quilts – perfect for picnics, and I am determined to make one this year!
- A bar cart – I don’t know if I would strictly use this for alcohol, but something about owning one is just so appealing.
- Retro food – I love the series Mad Men, especially when they mention classic dishes such as Iceberg Wedge salad with Blue Cheese, Oysters, Crab and Avocado, and Fillet Mignon. I find myself cursing the TV when they fail to actually show the food as it arrives in front of them! In Episode 1 of Season 4, Don Draper is going on a date to a restaurant and Roger Sterling says, “Have the chicken Kiev. Butter squirts everywhere.” Oh … wow …
hahaha, really laughed at the retro food. i’m also totally fascinated & grossed out by it!READ MORE
nice work. very nice indeed.READ MORE