yes. so simple & perfect. notice the hasbeens. photos by the ever glorious vanessa jackman.READ MORE
things i like right now by mariah of size too small
- Candles & Candlestick Holders: Every day as soon as the sun sets, we light candles in our home. They create the best mood – super cozy.
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: Do yourself a favor and listen to “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
- Stationary: I love cards and stationary and Rifle Paper Company is at the top of my love list.
- American Apparel Deep Neck V T-shirt: I’ve been a long time fan of this particular shirt. I have it in a bunch of colors, but grey is my favorite.
- Window Pane Check Bedding: I’m obsessed with this simple graphic print for bedding.
- Eternity Scarves: These are the best- sewn in a circle, all you do is loop it around your neck. It holds the perfect shape all day. I wore mine all winter long.
- Rachel Comey Ankle Boot: I love this new ankle boot Rachel Comey has come out with. It’s the perfect shade of brown.
those boooooooots!!! actually, i want everything on mariah’s list. everything.READ MORE
my brother sent this to me – he explores google earth as much as i explore google street maps. it’s the most amazing scene of people in a market in tanzania looking up at whatever it was that took this aerial photograph (airplane? helicopter?) … the shot is so detailed and colourful and so very african. i love it. here is the google earth placemark if you want to have a look yourself (if you don’t have google earth on your computer – get it!)READ MORE
valentin chenaille photography (wow)READ MORE
just had to share these because they made my jaw drop. gérard michel is a belgian architect and his flickr stream has thousands of sketches that are all drawn on site. they are very impressive and beautiful, but what really amazed me are the panoramics. when i first saw them i thought, no way, these HAD to be done from a photograph. nu uh. he says,
my perspectives are built on site. my pencil is my only tool to take measurements : i count how many “pencils” are necessary to measure 90 degrees, and then i have a standard to build my drawing.
click on the pictures for the bigger versions!READ MORE
very nice collection of historic american sheet music cover illustrations (love that fox)READ MORE
- Google Translate – so I can read blogs that are in languages I don’t know how to read.
- Tank’s extra hour of half price sushi and cocktails
- T-strap pumps
- David West’s collection at Cape Town Fashion Week
- Watching True Blood Season 3 and Entourage Season 7
- Vintage Inspired Swimwear
- Wooden wedges
- Making new pictures look like old ones
- Cape Town Street Style
- New Look 50s Dresses as seen in Louis Vuitton RTW Fall 2010
i’m also loving true blood & those wooden platforms… and sushi and david west and fifties dresses and and and…
edit: i fixed the numbering now, am a bit slow this morning >_<
paula aparicio photographyREAD MORE
fantasy outfit #5… total price: $8000 (R58,500) uuuum. yes okay, it’s mostly from net-a-porter.
man-o-lantern it’s been cold this weekend! just when i was babbling about it being so warm and un-winter like the cape decides to pull one of it’s classic rainy sessions. so this fantasy outfit is based around a fuck-off warm jacket. sometimes i feel a bit bad about shearling… but i eat lamb so who am i to talk? don’t hate me, vegetarians.
ps: perhaps one day i will look back and be amused at my choice of shoe, but i am quite taken with swedish hasbeens and any kind of wooden platform. oh well. pps: there’s a cup of coffee in there… yes there is.
these look like they’ve been taken out of an opening scene for a cheesy porno catalogue. also, notice the toilet seat frame hanging on the wall! all from retro space.READ MORE