i laughed and laughed and laughed. and then i laughed some more. how intensely upset do these cats look? photos thanks to katie sokolar aka color me…
i am a bit behind on my posts this week because i have been frantically organising for a very last minute trip to somewhere…
beach, funfairs, barbeques, drinks, friends, bicycles & adventures… pics from tastevick
great street style from the past week cinder & skylark at cape town fashion week streetstyle aesthetic & stil in berlin stockholm streetstyle &…
bit of a back to school vibe… total price: $2143 (R15,628) dress / blazer / watch / belt / tights / boots / bag…
these are beautiful images, thank you valeria chiang
i get such a glowing sense of pride when i see south africans making it internationally. in this case it’s model marike le roux from potchefstroom who’s appeared on the cover of vogue turkey and walked for a ton of big name designers (hervé léger, marc jacobs, max azria, alexander mcqueen, chloé, louis vuitton, sonia rykiel, prada, elie saab etc etc.) read this little interview with her for more info.
i want to be the girl in these photos by randy martin ps: happy weekend.
i actually had august’s music mix sorted ages ago, but then my ipod crashed and i lost loads of meticulously crafted playlists (sad day).…
aaaaaargh zara! just get to south africa already.
introducing a new guest post feature where i ask south african bloggers & friends what they like, right now…
- leggins. current fav: grey / black zebra print.
- l’oreal true match foundation. perfect color match, super fast application and blends very easily. good coverage, but at the same time your skin feels like it can breathe.
- oversized pocket cardigans. any color will do and most stores have them. they’re very comfortable and you can wear it with just about anything and everything.
- mac blot powder. must-have. best. thing. ever. tip: use a big fluffy powder brush for the best application.
- cake pops. basically it’s cake mixed with frosting, dipped in chocolate – on a stick! yum. try the red velvet version (mixed with cream cheese frosting). dee-licious!
- wallpaper* city guides (phaidon). love these little books and you can make a rainbow if you stack em. nice for a little escape and visiting a different city each time. plus, i love opening the first page and comparing skylines. things dorks do.
- the prophet by kahlil gibran. there are no words truer than these.
- sally hansen insta dri. discovered these at a k-mart. it has a flat brush that gives you a lot of control and insta dri means exactly that – it literally dries instantly.
- american apparel tri-blend light weight raglan pullovers. ah-ma-zing! bought my first one a few years ago and they are still my favorite of all favorites. you can stretch them as much as you like – works great for an off-the-shoulder look – and they make very comfy pajamas too :)
* and in some cases – always
we really need those sally hansen insta dri polishes here, hey? i’m on board with everything else on this list, too. what kind of person wouldn’t like cake on a stick.
been browsing through the henri cartier-bresson interactive exhibition at moma, certainly one of the best photojournalists ever to have lived. he’s famous for his photos…
captivating portraits by géraldine van wessem