things i like right now by larita of the daily cut-ups My Lisa Firer floral porcelain vase Jasmine flowers in September, the smell always makes me nostalgic Looking for old picture books at second hand stores An excuse to have a toned-down version of a Marie Antoinette dress made (ala…
jassis, frida gustavsson is the best dressed model ever.
leopard print, as seen everywhere…
… and this season’s skirt length, now popping up all over the place (finally!)
things i like right now by lyndall of superette
- Prussian food – I recently ate at Marjellchen in Berlin and they serve things like Masurian Jugged Game of Stag and Wild-Boar with Bacon and Forest Mushrooms, served with dumplings, stewed Cabbage and Cranberries… Seriously. It is fantastical.
- Gastronomica – I stole a couple of copies of this magazine a few years ago and this year I’ve promised myself a subscription. A great great food magazine that is about much more than just food.
- Tom Ford’s Black Orchid – it doesn’t beat Alexander McQueen’s Kingdom but it’s definitely a close second and way more available considering Kingdom has been discontinued. Bastards!
- Buying prints online – cheap and there is so much good stuff out there. The one on the left came from circusmuseum.nl and the other is an Uncle Allan print
- The Jutland Coast – their Summer houses and the great seafood they have there – fresh, cured and smoked.
- King Frederik IX – he was a sailor, an orchestra conductor and an all round stand up guy. I’m hoping to find a decent book about his life and times.
- Souvenir shops – My latest purchases: Dala Horses and a Giant Ceramic Penis Salt Shaker?! For Realz.
- Our American Bulldogs, when we were away we missed them terribly
- Kusmi Tea‘s Prince Vladimir – Ceylon and Chinese Black teas with citrus, vanilla and other spices
- The Mess – a pop up restaurant up in the North Country put together by Kathryn White and Jonathan Cane. Cam put me onto their blog so I spy on their goings ons every now and then. The food they’re cooking, the fact that they’re educating people with new ingredients and methods, and just the way they pull it all off makes me want to rip my ‘green with envy’ eyeballs out.
- My friend Liam’s new shop – hopefully now he’ll give me free stuff, like the 4 foot circular dining room table we need…
- My new and perfect boots that took goddamn weeks to find but I never gave up! I’ve christened them The Goose Steppers
- The only way to wear a shirt – Vatos Locos style