things i like right now by alix of unfashionable / alix is for hire
- The Runaways – 70s Rock ‘n Roll played by wayward teenage girls
- Denim on Denim ala George Harrison
- Cape Town jewellery design label Oh Dear, Megan by Megan Fogarty – In love with this particular ring, she has used the inside of a vintage watch to make it.
- Working from home
- Rock biographies – Just finished “I was Keith Richards’ drug dealer” by Tony Sanchez. Eye-opening.
- The photography of 17 year old Australian, Nirrimi. – At 17 I might’ve had hobbies but this girl has a career. She has just shot for the Diesel ‘Be Stupid’ catalogue.
- My new specs – Only found out a week ago that I need to wear glasses. The novelty hasn’t worn off yet so I’m like a kid with a new toy.
- Top knots – Ever-convenient and they somehow make you look slimmer, weird.
- Rose printed upholstery – In my early teens I was so ashamed of the out-of-date rose printed couches we had in our lounge. Now l want them to be left to me!
- Thomas Pepler’s film photography – Local Cape Town designer with an incredible eye for photography. Jealousy-inducing.
Subscribe to posts via Email