Photography, Stuff

les puces de saint-ouen

les puces de saint-ouen is an area of paris made up of several flea markets that is simply huge. i only explored the vernaisson (antiques / bric-a-brac) section – and even that took a good few hours.

this shop in the middle of the market is called tombées du camion. they sell beads and all sorts of other interesting bits and pieces… the raddest & most creative displays i’ve seen in a while.

all photos by me, more at my flickr

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Chantel Monday 20 September, 2010 at 8:51 am

Oh wow! Would love to rummage through this place! You have captured it beautifullly!

• Reply Love and Stuff Monday 20 September, 2010 at 9:39 am

I am green with envy! Must start saving for Paris trip as in NOW!

• Reply caroline Monday 20 September, 2010 at 10:59 am

this is what my dreamland looks like.

how amazing. definitely going in my next-time-i’m-in-paris-fingers-crossed file.

• Reply Isa Monday 20 September, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Tombée du camion is one of my favourite shop in Paris. These photos are so beautiful.
    Have a nice sojourn!

• Reply Molly Monday 20 September, 2010 at 2:17 pm

wow, never knew you were in Paris! lucky girl! this place looks lovely, must of been amazing to walk thru and browse!

xoxo

• Reply beatpie Monday 20 September, 2010 at 3:47 pm

this is amazing. love the colors. excellent eye.

• Reply angie Monday 20 September, 2010 at 4:37 pm

wow that place looks amazing!

and your photos are beautiful Miss Moss, makes me sad i’m not right there with my fat hands in every shot.

• Reply Julie Monday 20 September, 2010 at 6:51 pm

What an amazing place and your photos are fantastic! My itch to go back to Paris is now stronger than ever!

• Reply Kat Wednesday 22 September, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Loving seeing your pics – I lifted my camera to take a shot at one of the stalls here and was shouted at so loudly I dared not take another shot all day! (Should have asked before if I could shoot but the reaction was still rather OTT!)

• Reply Miss Moss Thursday 23 September, 2010 at 10:32 am

the same thing happened to me when i was taking a photo of a window display – not even at this market but just an ordinary shop in the middle of paris! i was standing outside in the street and the woman actually came out of her shop and said, NO PHOTO! sheesh.

• Reply Kat Thursday 23 September, 2010 at 10:37 pm

We’re in Amsterdam at the moment and the Dutch are quite amazing – so friendly and so chilled about me taking photos. I love it, I could move here!

• Reply Stephanie Wednesday 23 February, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I was in this very shop on my trip to Paris in September of 2010!

I am so impressed that you were able to take photographs at the Fleas. I tried to and got yelled at by a woman in one of the shops who actually came over to me and made me delete the photo I took of her storefront. She made me prove it was not on my camera anymore!! I tried to explain to her that I was just a blogger from the states and wanted to share my experience with friends…to no avail. For the remainder of our trip I was very careful about taking pictures of storefronts. Too careful!

Your images of Paris make me want to go back. They are lovely!

• Reply Stephanie Wednesday 23 February, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Oh haha just read the other comments….at least I am not alone in this :-) Makes me feel better to see that this has happened to others!!