les puces de saint-ouen

les puces de saint-ouen is an area of paris made up of several flea markets that is simply huge. i only explored the vernaisson (antiques / bric-a-brac) section – and even that took a good few hours.

this shop in the middle of the market is called tombées du camion. they sell beads and all sorts of other interesting bits and pieces… the raddest & most creative displays i’ve seen in a while.

all photos by me, more at my flickr

, , , , , , ,

13 Responses to les puces de saint-ouen

1. Chantel Monday 20 September, 2010 at 8:51 am #

Oh wow! Would love to rummage through this place! You have captured it beautifullly!

2. Love and Stuff Monday 20 September, 2010 at 9:39 am #

I am green with envy! Must start saving for Paris trip as in NOW!

3. caroline Monday 20 September, 2010 at 10:59 am #

this is what my dreamland looks like.

how amazing. definitely going in my next-time-i’m-in-paris-fingers-crossed file.

4. Isa Monday 20 September, 2010 at 1:47 pm #

Tombée du camion is one of my favourite shop in Paris. These photos are so beautiful.
    Have a nice sojourn!

5. Molly Monday 20 September, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

wow, never knew you were in Paris! lucky girl! this place looks lovely, must of been amazing to walk thru and browse!

xoxo

6. beatpie Monday 20 September, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

this is amazing. love the colors. excellent eye.

7. angie Monday 20 September, 2010 at 4:37 pm #

wow that place looks amazing!

and your photos are beautiful Miss Moss, makes me sad i’m not right there with my fat hands in every shot.

8. Julie Monday 20 September, 2010 at 6:51 pm #

What an amazing place and your photos are fantastic! My itch to go back to Paris is now stronger than ever!

9. Kat Wednesday 22 September, 2010 at 11:23 pm #

Loving seeing your pics – I lifted my camera to take a shot at one of the stalls here and was shouted at so loudly I dared not take another shot all day! (Should have asked before if I could shoot but the reaction was still rather OTT!)

• Miss Moss Thursday 23 September, 2010 at 10:32 am #

the same thing happened to me when i was taking a photo of a window display – not even at this market but just an ordinary shop in the middle of paris! i was standing outside in the street and the woman actually came out of her shop and said, NO PHOTO! sheesh.

10. Kat Thursday 23 September, 2010 at 10:37 pm #

We’re in Amsterdam at the moment and the Dutch are quite amazing – so friendly and so chilled about me taking photos. I love it, I could move here!

11. Stephanie Wednesday 23 February, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

I was in this very shop on my trip to Paris in September of 2010!

I am so impressed that you were able to take photographs at the Fleas. I tried to and got yelled at by a woman in one of the shops who actually came over to me and made me delete the photo I took of her storefront. She made me prove it was not on my camera anymore!! I tried to explain to her that I was just a blogger from the states and wanted to share my experience with friends…to no avail. For the remainder of our trip I was very careful about taking pictures of storefronts. Too careful!

Your images of Paris make me want to go back. They are lovely!

12. Stephanie Wednesday 23 February, 2011 at 6:38 pm #

Oh haha just read the other comments….at least I am not alone in this :-) Makes me feel better to see that this has happened to others!!