you might have noticed the lack of new posts here today – due to the usual reasons (busy busy busy real life bla bla…
- The Runaways – 70s Rock ‘n Roll played by wayward teenage girls
- Denim on Denim ala George Harrison
- Cape Town jewellery design label Oh Dear, Megan by Megan Fogarty – In love with this particular ring, she has used the inside of a vintage watch to make it.
- Working from home
- Rock biographies – Just finished “I was Keith Richards’ drug dealer” by Tony Sanchez. Eye-opening.
- The photography of 17 year old Australian, Nirrimi. – At 17 I might’ve had hobbies but this girl has a career. She has just shot for the Diesel ‘Be Stupid’ catalogue.
- My new specs – Only found out a week ago that I need to wear glasses. The novelty hasn’t worn off yet so I’m like a kid with a new toy.
- Top knots – Ever-convenient and they somehow make you look slimmer, weird.
- Rose printed upholstery – In my early teens I was so ashamed of the out-of-date rose printed couches we had in our lounge. Now l want them to be left to me!
- Thomas Pepler’s film photography – Local Cape Town designer with an incredible eye for photography. Jealousy-inducing.
four quite different looks that i am all on board with style sightings / stockholm street style stockholm street style / dublin streets
film photography by mike stacey
I HAD TO!!! via fashionising
- I spend way to much time sitting down. Maybe if I had an Eames dowel base chair, I wouldn’t mind as much.
- I love Paul Theroux‘s books. In preparation for my American holiday, I’m reading The Old Patagonian Express – his journey by train through north and south America. Terribly nerdy, I know.
- Although its name sounds like a cancer ward, the Chemosphere house is a modernist masterpiece.
- The Citroen DS Pallas is one of the few cars that would convince me to drive more.
- I’m turning 30 next week, and I think it’s a good enough reason to buy myself a Canon G11, don’t you?
- American Apparel Standard t-shirts in any colour as long as they’re white.
- I need a canvas and leather satchel in my life. This one would do nicely.
- I love the simplicity and aesthetic of fixed gear bikes and I’m particularly psyched with my new Cannondale Track.
- Big up to the sales assistant at Selfridges for convincing me that Tom Ford Black Orchid “isn’t just a women’s fragrance”.
- Not having a TV means I have to be selective about what I watch. One show I never miss is Mad Men – it makes me want to work in a *proper* ad agency.
- I don’t really “do” jewellery, but I made an exception for this Konzuk ring in concrete and white gold.
- I’m off to New York on Saturday. And I CANNOT WAIT.
- Red Wing boots have been on my wish list ever since I spotted Kim Jones rocking a pair at Toffie Fest.
- I wanted a calculator watch soooo bad when I was a kid. It’s great that Casio have reissued them.
hello september, my favourite month. you are epitomised by the smell of pink jasmine, which makes me want to roll around in you…. or…
envious of her hair, lips, cheekbones & general debbie harry-ness. pictures from my gathered all over the internet collection
the kind of book i would have pored over as a kid (albeit strangely dark & trippy)