every time i see a woman wearing a skirt that falls to her knees or longer i get a little thrill. high-waisted and mid-calf is pretty much my favourite look, and i’m always appreciative of a maxi skirt (if done right, not matthew williamson boho)
first two: mr. newton, third: the sartorialist
altamira ; streetfsn ; the streets walker
mr. newton ; nast ; all the pretty birds
i had been to père lachaise cemetery once before on a previous trip to paris, but had literally run in and out in a frenzy of sightseeing just to look at jim morrison’s grave (one of those shameless things you just have to do, like visiting the eiffel tower.) this time round i had plenty of […]
you might get sick of my paris bla bla bla paris posts in the following days (i apologise in advance, just let me get it out of my system). i still have to sort through my photos, so in the meantime i thought i’d share excerpts from one of the magazines that air france gives out free of charge to their passengers at the airports and in their planes. not anything like south african airways’ little sawubona mag, mind you…
air france’s madame magazine (which caters towards ladies and fashion minded folks) features ads from louis vuitton, chloé, miu miu fendi etc etc etc and editorial content that’s something like a mix between elle, marie claire and some cool decor mag. that is to say, it’s actually interesting to look at. seriously, this is a free airline magazine.
i’ll be gone for ten days, so it’s going to be a bit quiet around here. regular posting to resume soon. photos by me
september music mix is here! this is not really a ‘road trip’ mix, per se (no tracy chapman / fast car …) – but certainly tunes i love playing in my car. load up your ipod and go for a drive… sing along, too. hit the road. tracklist: stornoway – i saw you blink aloe […]
i was lucky enough to get my paws on a box of original vintage photos of stellenbosch, taken by photographer christo s. botha, who started taking photos of the town as a student in 1938. the photos are from a book called discover historic stellenbosch. if you’re a stellenbosch resident (or frequent visitor) you’ll recognise all these spots…
you might have noticed the lack of new posts here today – due to the usual reasons (busy busy busy real life bla bla bla). well, i’ll leave you with at least a little something on this lovely friday, in honour of the noticeable change of season around here. here’s the music video for the […]
wow. i had to show you this collection because i can’t stop staring – rodebjer carin showing at stockholm fashion week.
first seen at popbee via rodeo
things i like right now by alix of unfashionable / alix is for hire
- The Runaways – 70s Rock ‘n Roll played by wayward teenage girls
- Denim on Denim ala George Harrison
- Cape Town jewellery design label Oh Dear, Megan by Megan Fogarty – In love with this particular ring, she has used the inside of a vintage watch to make it.
- Working from home
- Rock biographies – Just finished “I was Keith Richards’ drug dealer” by Tony Sanchez. Eye-opening.
- The photography of 17 year old Australian, Nirrimi. – At 17 I might’ve had hobbies but this girl has a career. She has just shot for the Diesel ‘Be Stupid’ catalogue.
- My new specs – Only found out a week ago that I need to wear glasses. The novelty hasn’t worn off yet so I’m like a kid with a new toy.
- Top knots – Ever-convenient and they somehow make you look slimmer, weird.
- Rose printed upholstery – In my early teens I was so ashamed of the out-of-date rose printed couches we had in our lounge. Now l want them to be left to me!
- Thomas Pepler’s film photography – Local Cape Town designer with an incredible eye for photography. Jealousy-inducing.
four quite different looks that i am all on board with style sightings / stockholm street style stockholm street style / dublin streets