Film, Vintage

the party

i will always love the party, mostly due to the fact that the phrase ‘birdie num num’ is a running joke in my family. second to peter sellers’ antics, the best thing about this film is the house where all the action goes down. as a kid i thought nothing was more glamorous than a house that had a water running through it (am i right?) … i still kind of think that! i also love the way sellers wanders around, completely out of place – i totally empathise with his party awkwardness… obviously the sixties vibe completely appeals to me as well. haven’t seen the party? do it.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply size too small Tuesday 26 October, 2010 at 10:35 am

i’ve never seen it. it’s on the list.

• Reply Karima Tuesday 26 October, 2010 at 10:42 am

Wonderful film! We also do “Don’t be bothered by me, I’m merely spectating”.

• Reply Miss Moss Tuesday 26 October, 2010 at 10:43 am

ahaha, i am so going to say that at the next party i go to.

• Reply wolf eyebrows Tuesday 26 October, 2010 at 10:43 am

This is one of my all-time favourites. I think I’ve watched it at least 20 times. Peter Sellers is a genius.

• Reply Den Tuesday 26 October, 2010 at 11:14 am

“if you’ve ever been to a wilder party, you’re under arrest!” hehehe…

• Reply Jolene Tuesday 26 October, 2010 at 8:37 pm

This is brilliant! I *love* this movie and all because of the ‘birdie num num’ line… We have laughed about this in my family, growing up… wow – I haven’t thought of this movie in years… thanks for the reminder :D

• Reply Luca Thursday 28 October, 2010 at 6:38 am

haha ‘birdie num num’ is a bit of a laugh between my mother and i too :)

• Reply Kristinejoy Tuesday 16 November, 2010 at 4:12 am

i’m new to your blog but i cant stop clicking “older posts”

your pictures and what interests you are great

also, how nice of you to make mixes for your readers!