i don’t know about you guys but i’ve always found calendars pretty depressing. they’re a constant reminder that we are just ticking off the days, right? perhaps they’re exciting sometimes when you have something to look forward to (29 days till my cat’s birthday!) that being said, my cynicism is slowly being chipped away by all the rad 2011 calendars i have been spotting, especially this awesome one by camilla engman that catherine posted about a while back
i love this one because it’s so simple
this one is also a strong contender
as is this one
anthropologie has nice ones, too.
as does kate spade (obvs)
a travel calendar would at least make me hopeful
i’ve already admitted to being a lazy cook. i resort to avocado or eggs on toast way more than i should (that goes for breakfast, lunch, dinner… snacks) and sometimes a can of chick peas or a tub of hummus is my only salvation. the problem is that i like fast food – as in, quick to make… not the unhealthy variety. ok i love pizza, who doesn’t?
stonesoup is a blog written by jules clancy who wants to help people become better cooks by using a minimalist approach to cooking. she says, “It’s about reducing the number of ingredients, the amount of equipment, the number of steps involved and the time we spend in the kitchen to a minimum so we can focus what’s important.” she shares great tips on how to stock your kitchen, saving money by not buying useless ingredients, making “2 dollar dinners” and tons more. check out the recipes, they are inspiring. she’s also written an ebook called 5 ingredients, 10 minutes.
i want these bangers in my mouth (he he he)
- Colour at Jil Sander: These brights make me so happy. Jil Sander pulls off colour with pure class.
- Pictures of Cats: Not the LOL kind. There’s something special about capturing a moment with a cat on camera. Probably because they can be so aloof.
- Vredehoek: Friends’ balconies, warm summer evenings, saturday morning walks to the Spar – Vredehoek feels like home and I don’t even live there. Image via HighArt/LowLife
- Unusual Hats: I heart hats. Give me a turban, fez, bowler or boater and I’m yours! Image via Yvan Rodic
- Models who read backstage: Fighting the stereotype that models are stupid one novel at a time.
- Socks: I must have inherited my love of socks from my mom. Polkadots, stripes, argyle, Nordic print – she has a pair to match any outfit. I’ve started my own collection, but it pales in comparison to hers. Image via Teen Vogue
- Blog Books: Few things make me happier than my collection of blog books. All I need is Fifi Lapin’s “What Shall I Wear Today?” and my life will be complete.
- Kris Atomic: a freelance illustrator from Brighton who has the coolest blog and makes the most amazing drawings.
- These Outfits: Simple. Classic. Effortless. Chic. Everything an outfit should be. Left: The Sartorialist ; Right: Hanneli Mustaparta
- My Margot Molyneux Cape: Local designer Margot Molyneux fulfilled my sartorial dreams when she made me this camel cape. I swear it has magical powers.
m-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i. i want to go to there. photographs by missy prince.READ MORE
two of my guilty pleasures, celebrities and fashion. it’s round up time!
michelle williams in erdem s/s 2011. wow.
… and as marilyn monroe
carey mulligan at various events promoting never let me go
… same goes for keira knightly (that beaded chanel…)
kate bosworth is not my favourite personality, but i can’t fault her fashion choices.
and alexa, as usual