oooh wee it’s been a long time since i’ve done one of these. though it’s actually a pretty good idea to smash all the lovely interwebs fashion finds into one post because there’s just so much of it. so much of the goodness.
too many wonderful new things at la garconne to count. damn you.
same goes for frances may. double damn you.
oh and totokaelo. of course.
fischer s/s 2011. i want this outfit please.
carven s/s 2011. crap sticks.
chloé s/s 2011. oh the humanity! see these in hi-res here
always enjoy opening ceremony. always.
and then there’s net-a-porter. i mean, really.
i used to be subscribed to many a tumblr, but it was actually so overwhelming in terms of imagery imagery imagery that i stopped. i wanted to discover things i like more organically, rather than scrolling through page after page after page of pictures. that being said, i bookmarked quite a few pics of rad famous peeps during that time. sharing is caring.
things i like right now by fred of toy robot / fiction fred
- 1 Million by Paco Rabanne – It’s the best.
- Fish Eye – I love this camera, it’s something I raise a toast to.
- The Gold watch – for the brave. It’s bling, but not 50-cent. It makes a strong statement and it’s making finally making a comeback after years of sitting on the bench. Get one. Or steal your father’s.
- Persol Eyewear, Sun collection - I want them all. Can’t wait for summer…
- Designer Track Pants – bring it.
- Steph Weiss – Delicate, smooth and creamy. Liquid velvet. This has been my number 1 beer for a while now. Think creamy vanilla.
- Plaid Tie – I need one. Not sure why, but I need one. Just a gut feeling.
- Weber Q300 – It’s the push button ignition, the stainless steel burners and the 100 square cm cooking area that seals it for me.
- Eternal Pursuit – A book published by Ogilvy & Mather about David Ogilvy’s philosophy applied to today’s advertising agency. Focuses on the 8 Habits of Highly Creative Communities. Published internally at Ogilvy & Mather and distributed internally. Unavailable elsewhere. It’s my golden pocketbook. Kinda like my advertising mini-bible. As you can see it is well-read.
- YUM YUM Characters – Toy designs have boomed over last few years and I haven’t seen a better crafted collection than this. I WANT them. I love their subtle character nuances. The video is damn funny too.
- Hipstamatic – I love this iPhone app right now. It’s vintage and it makes almost anything look stylish. It’s like having a designer in my pocket
- The Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2010 – This will be my next car. Not only am I currently driving one, but I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember.
- Fleet Foxes – I am in love with this band. The “drunken Texas sun” shines on my every time I listen to them. It’s winter music, warms the heart. Top songs: Oliver James, White Winter Hymnal & Ragged Wood.
photography by troy stains (wow)
these paintings are weird and wonderful. by guim tio.
guy hoff was an american illustrator (1889-1962)
the entire stella mccartney s/s 11 collection is beeeeoootiful, and i am rather attracted to the blue outfits.
if you’re in the cape town area code make sure to pop into field office, a new coffee shop / design museum / art gallery/ your office away from your office / your boardroom away from your boardroom. the brain child of designers pedersen + lennard, the space caters for people looking for a place to be inspired, have some good eats (gourmet sarmies & cakes) and drink some great coffee. you can find them on barrack street (beteween buitenkant & harrington) … also follow them on twitter and on facebook. all photographs belong to field office.
things i like right now by samuel sparrow of sparrow and co
- Lavenham Denston Brown Jacket – These British made jackets are made in a tiny village in Suffolk called Lavenham. Initially intended for the equestrian world, they have amassed a huge following in recent years. Their jackets are beautifully made and now come in a range of fashion led colours and finishes.
- Pomadour Hair – When I look at James Dean I have serious hair envy
- Ray Ban Wayfarer 5184’s Dark Havana Glasses
- Diesel watch DZ1506 – I was given this watch as a 21st birthday present from my wife. It is one of my fondest processions.
- Citroen DS Pallas – is simply the most beautiful car in the world. Roland Barthes famously commented it looked ‘as if it had fallen from the sky.’
- Hunter Argyle Wellington Boots – These boots are built to last. I keep an emergency pair in the boot of my car.
- Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne – To me fragrances are so emotive…it reminds me of my grandfathers shaving soap and old leather bound books. It’s made by London barber and perfumer Geo F Trumper
- My iPhone. I often get dirty look from wife and accusations that I love my iPhone more than her. The truth is I run my whole business with the help of my iPhone. It’s got me out of a few pickles and I’d simply be lost without it.
- Jean Prouvé - he worked as a designer, craftsman, manufacturer, architect, teacher and engineer. He was a true multi-disciplined artists and creator. His Compass table is truly iconic.
- My wife… Laura Sparrow. I’d be lost without her. This is a portrait I gave Laura when we got married, it’s by American artist Brooke Olivares
- British Seaside – Beach huts, fish and chips and a bracing wind…you can’t beat the British seaside