8 boogie
Music

Boogie

GUYS. it’s the first of november! the beginning of the end of the year (almost). it’s also that weird and wonderful month when men grow moustaches (some shouldn’t, harrison ford for example.) to celebrate i decided to put together an hour long playlist to get your groove on to, or at least get you in the mood for cutting some shapes. a mix of old & new disco, funk, soul and remixed flavours. look out for another one later, two mixes a month is more special than one.

this is possibly my favourite mix so far, it makes me soooo happy. especially that marvin gaye remix.

boogie. listen to it here or press play above! playlist:

1. jackson 5 – i want you back (z-trip remix)
  2. marvin gaye – too busy (black tiger sex machine refix)
  3. janelle monáe feat. big boi – tightrope (team banzai remix)
  4. james brown – i feel good (ali disco b remix)
  5. edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros – home (party supplies remix)
  6. earth, wind & fire – let’s groove tonight (dj emagen remix)
  7. sharon jones & the dap-kings – keep on looking (kenny dope remix)
  8. aretha franklin – respect (two shoes edit)
  9. mark ronson – bang bang bang (rhythm plate’s banging disco edit)
  10. bee gees – you should be dancing (professor lacroix utility edit)
  11. amy winehouse – rehab (hot chip remix)
  12. diana ross & the supremes – you keep me hangin’ on (team banzai remix)
  13. phoenix – lisztomania (shook remix)

ps: groovy dancing dudes courtesy of ben pearce.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Mallory Monday 1 November, 2010 at 8:35 am

so pumped to listen to the greatness i’m sure this mix will be full of. per usual.

• Reply lisa Monday 1 November, 2010 at 9:34 am

LOVE your music mixes – so excited you will be doing 2 a month! ♥

• Reply Den Monday 1 November, 2010 at 10:51 am

yeeeah! get on the good foot!

• Reply Lauren Monday 1 November, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Oh, this is brilliant. I actually surprised myself when I found that I was liking Movember quite a lot last year.

• Reply Alyssa Tuesday 2 November, 2010 at 1:21 am

I love your mix! I was wondering how you managed to upload an hours worth of music that is so cool! Any tips for a beginning blogger who loves music like you do?

• Reply Miss Moss Tuesday 2 November, 2010 at 8:09 am

i just make the playlist in itunes, put the mp3s in a zip file & upload with mediafire – super easy!

glad you enjoyed it :)

• Reply michelle Thursday 4 November, 2010 at 8:18 am

This mix hit the spot!

(and I especially loved this version of Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros!

Thanks sooooo much for sharing!!

• Reply Kristinejoy Tuesday 16 November, 2010 at 4:39 am

thanks for this! you’re great

• Reply Shevaun Friday 21 January, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I love this so much. I especially like the James Brown, Aretha Franklin, and Jackson 5 ones.

• Reply Bonny with a Y Wednesday 13 April, 2011 at 8:53 pm

i love your mixes! this one is a fave. thanks so much for putting them together.

• Reply Chloe Friday 28 November, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Your playlists are always amazing! Going to find a dancefloor now. Thank you!