vintage sartorialist

i discovered a folder of images on my computer that i saved from the sartorialist ages ago, along with an incredibly huge folder of vintage design (i mean, what am i going to do with all of this?) considering how popular the last fashion + art post was (and how much i enjoyed doing it) i thought it would be fitting to smash some more together.

, , , , , ,

37 Responses to vintage sartorialist

1. Thomas Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 8:35 am #

This is genius!

so cool.. i think it should become a regular post.

2. pessimiss Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 9:20 am #

So clever! I remember when this last image was featured – he was so taken with this girl! Love how she’s rocking back on those lovely heels. Be Optimistic! Cool message.

x

3. Megan Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 9:26 am #

mad about this kind of thing..definitely more often, please! (Reminds me of the pairing you did with the Erdem floral dresses and your flower photos from Paris – genius.)

4. magriet Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 11:50 am #

Hi Miss Moss, I recently discovered and totally love your blog! This one was especially nice with the old labels and cute outfits fitting so perfectly. Ditto to comment about Be Optimistic’s heels!

5. steph Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 11:52 am #

ooh nice matches! the first girls’ layering is spot on.

6. Briony Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

Ahhh… very cool!

7. Rebecca Jesson Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 3:50 pm #

You are amazing. Seriously!

8. Haley Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 4:28 pm #

These make me soooo happy!

9. Coquette & Dove Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 6:16 pm #

G-G-G-GENIUS!!

And so many of my favourite Sartorialist pics. Love it.

10. emma Friday 12 November, 2010 at 12:36 am #

This is AMAZING. One of my all time favourite posts, the colours match perfectly, its like it was meant to be. I’ve had to save a few and might feature them on my blog (linked to you, of course) if that okay? xx

11. Andrea Friday 12 November, 2010 at 3:08 am #

A blast from the past! I have so many of the same images saved. It’s nice to see these faces again and be re-inspired.

12. destined to design Friday 12 November, 2010 at 6:00 am #

Man, you’re good. I forgot he shot Wes back in the day. So great…

Our tastes are so on par it often alarms me. We bookmark all the same things! ;)

13. mk Friday 12 November, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

these mash ups are Incredibly inspiring! great job!

14. Lincoln Taft Friday 12 November, 2010 at 6:44 pm #

This is wonderful. What a beautiful post!

15. Gigi Friday 12 November, 2010 at 7:07 pm #

I love how you paired up the posters with the fashion photos! You’ve got such a great eye for this!

16. Monique Saturday 13 November, 2010 at 9:10 pm #

Absolutely Fabulous.

17. katrin Sunday 14 November, 2010 at 3:03 pm #

you’re a rockstar!

18. Chuck Wednesday 17 November, 2010 at 1:40 am #

Haha, I have lots of these saved on my computer, generally slowing it down. Love the combinations as well as Wes and Garance. x

19. Frances Monday 3 January, 2011 at 8:39 pm #

These are fantastic and are making me see the street style shots in a whole new way. Looks like you’ve got some great material filed away in your vintage design folder – what a clever way to use it!

20. baballa Monday 3 January, 2011 at 10:49 pm #

such a great job! love them!!!

21. the boot Tuesday 4 January, 2011 at 9:59 am #

i am a new reader and your work is absolutely gorgeous! great great great idea to combine then+now!

22. Ariel Tuesday 4 January, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

Oh, I love this! This is very similar to what I show on my blog–each outfit has an inspirational artwork attached to it. Very well done!

23. Molly Wednesday 5 January, 2011 at 6:49 am #

I’m a new reader as well, and have already featured this post in my own blog! I hope you don’t mind. I am so inspired by your color matches, truly wonderful work!

24. Kristina Wednesday 5 January, 2011 at 10:34 am #

Wow wow wow! You are crazily creative – I simply adore all of your last posts!
    Viele Gruesse, Krisitna

25. Divina Thursday 6 January, 2011 at 12:47 am #

Love love love your blog!

You were featured on A Cup of Jo (http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/) and that’s where I’ve come from; just thought I’d let you know where the new readership was coming from hehe :)

Looking forward to your future posts.

26. Space by Eliana Tomas Thursday 6 January, 2011 at 11:54 pm #

what a great selection of images. great eye you have!!! i’m following!!!!!

27. thebestisyettocome Sunday 9 January, 2011 at 4:55 am #

Impressive. Love this idea. Love the sartorialist. I twittered this link so I could spread your clever around.
    I found your blog via refinery29. & now I’m a fan.

28. Ornella Monday 10 January, 2011 at 3:57 am #

i love this, fashion and art together always amazing!

29. colette Monday 10 January, 2011 at 7:46 am #

what a great idea. you certainly have a good eye for color!

30. Brittan Tuesday 11 January, 2011 at 3:54 am #

Wow! This is so excellent, definitely something I haven’t seen before! More, please!

xo, B

31. Eliise Friday 14 January, 2011 at 9:28 am #

This is a really inspiring idea, I love how the colours of both pictures work together. :)

32. Alain Monday 31 January, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

Found about your blog on brainpickings, and what a great blog you have! You should make a career out of it ;-)

Great typography on your labels too ! Bookmarked.

Ps. I think we all want more !

33. REread Saturday 5 February, 2011 at 3:21 am #

this is so cool … love it!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Miss Moss color matching | ZIPPERCUT - Saturday 5 February, 2011

[...] love this post by Miss Moss.  Sartorialist x vintage design. This entry was posted in MUSEWORTHY and tagged design, miss moss, sartorialist, vintage. [...]