Fashion, Vintage

vintage sartorialist

i discovered a folder of images on my computer that i saved from the sartorialist ages ago, along with an incredibly huge folder of vintage design (i mean, what am i going to do with all of this?) considering how popular the last fashion + art post was (and how much i enjoyed doing it) i thought it would be fitting to smash some more together.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Thomas Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 8:35 am

This is genius!

so cool.. i think it should become a regular post.

• Reply pessimiss Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 9:20 am

So clever! I remember when this last image was featured – he was so taken with this girl! Love how she’s rocking back on those lovely heels. Be Optimistic! Cool message.

x

• Reply Megan Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 9:26 am

mad about this kind of thing..definitely more often, please! (Reminds me of the pairing you did with the Erdem floral dresses and your flower photos from Paris – genius.)

• Reply magriet Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 11:50 am

Hi Miss Moss, I recently discovered and totally love your blog! This one was especially nice with the old labels and cute outfits fitting so perfectly. Ditto to comment about Be Optimistic’s heels!

• Reply steph Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 11:52 am

ooh nice matches! the first girls’ layering is spot on.

• Reply Briony Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Ahhh… very cool!

• Reply Rebecca Jesson Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 3:50 pm

You are amazing. Seriously!

• Reply Haley Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 4:28 pm

These make me soooo happy!

• Reply Coquette & Dove Thursday 11 November, 2010 at 6:16 pm

G-G-G-GENIUS!!

And so many of my favourite Sartorialist pics. Love it.

• Reply emma Friday 12 November, 2010 at 12:36 am

This is AMAZING. One of my all time favourite posts, the colours match perfectly, its like it was meant to be. I’ve had to save a few and might feature them on my blog (linked to you, of course) if that okay? xx

• Reply Andrea Friday 12 November, 2010 at 3:08 am

A blast from the past! I have so many of the same images saved. It’s nice to see these faces again and be re-inspired.

• Reply destined to design Friday 12 November, 2010 at 6:00 am

Man, you’re good. I forgot he shot Wes back in the day. So great…

Our tastes are so on par it often alarms me. We bookmark all the same things! ;)

• Reply mk Friday 12 November, 2010 at 3:45 pm

these mash ups are Incredibly inspiring! great job!

• Reply Lincoln Taft Friday 12 November, 2010 at 6:44 pm

This is wonderful. What a beautiful post!

• Reply Gigi Friday 12 November, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I love how you paired up the posters with the fashion photos! You’ve got such a great eye for this!

• Reply Monique Saturday 13 November, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Absolutely Fabulous.

• Reply katrin Sunday 14 November, 2010 at 3:03 pm

you’re a rockstar!

• Reply Chuck Wednesday 17 November, 2010 at 1:40 am

Haha, I have lots of these saved on my computer, generally slowing it down. Love the combinations as well as Wes and Garance. x

• Reply Frances Monday 3 January, 2011 at 8:39 pm

These are fantastic and are making me see the street style shots in a whole new way. Looks like you’ve got some great material filed away in your vintage design folder – what a clever way to use it!

• Reply baballa Monday 3 January, 2011 at 10:49 pm

such a great job! love them!!!

• Reply the boot Tuesday 4 January, 2011 at 9:59 am

i am a new reader and your work is absolutely gorgeous! great great great idea to combine then+now!

• Reply Ariel Tuesday 4 January, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Oh, I love this! This is very similar to what I show on my blog–each outfit has an inspirational artwork attached to it. Very well done!

• Reply Molly Wednesday 5 January, 2011 at 6:49 am

I’m a new reader as well, and have already featured this post in my own blog! I hope you don’t mind. I am so inspired by your color matches, truly wonderful work!

• Reply Kristina Wednesday 5 January, 2011 at 10:34 am

Wow wow wow! You are crazily creative – I simply adore all of your last posts!
    Viele Gruesse, Krisitna

• Reply Divina Thursday 6 January, 2011 at 12:47 am

Love love love your blog!

You were featured on A Cup of Jo (http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/) and that’s where I’ve come from; just thought I’d let you know where the new readership was coming from hehe :)

Looking forward to your future posts.

• Reply Space by Eliana Tomas Thursday 6 January, 2011 at 11:54 pm

what a great selection of images. great eye you have!!! i’m following!!!!!

• Reply thebestisyettocome Sunday 9 January, 2011 at 4:55 am

Impressive. Love this idea. Love the sartorialist. I twittered this link so I could spread your clever around.
    I found your blog via refinery29. & now I’m a fan.

• Reply Ornella Monday 10 January, 2011 at 3:57 am

i love this, fashion and art together always amazing!

• Reply colette Monday 10 January, 2011 at 7:46 am

what a great idea. you certainly have a good eye for color!

• Reply Brittan Tuesday 11 January, 2011 at 3:54 am

Wow! This is so excellent, definitely something I haven’t seen before! More, please!

xo, B

• Reply Eliise Friday 14 January, 2011 at 9:28 am

This is a really inspiring idea, I love how the colours of both pictures work together. :)

• Reply Alain Monday 31 January, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Found about your blog on brainpickings, and what a great blog you have! You should make a career out of it ;-)

Great typography on your labels too ! Bookmarked.

Ps. I think we all want more !

• Reply REread Saturday 5 February, 2011 at 3:21 am

this is so cool … love it!!

• Reply Miss Moss color matching | ZIPPERCUT Saturday 5 February, 2011 at 4:41 am

[…] love this post by Miss Moss.  Sartorialist x vintage design. This entry was posted in MUSEWORTHY and tagged design, miss moss, sartorialist, vintage. […]