this picture of elvis from this amazing post
this post about the south
these guys and their bikes
this white leica
this dress from alexis mabille s/s 2011
this wine label
this girl (perfect)
this illustration of what to watch by alex latimer
this picture of bob dylan hailing a cab
this picture of jon hamm (sigh)
this woman – incredible.
these harlequin romance covers
this cat (!!!!!!!!!)
keira knightley’s skirt
and the look on this dragonfly’s face (hehehe)
GUYS. it’s the first of november! the beginning of the end of the year (almost). it’s also that weird and wonderful month when men grow moustaches (some shouldn’t, harrison ford for example.) to celebrate i decided to put together an hour long playlist to get your groove on to, or at least get you in the mood for cutting some shapes. a mix of old & new disco, funk, soul and remixed flavours. look out for another one later, two mixes a month is more special than one.
this is possibly my favourite mix so far, it makes me soooo happy. especially that marvin gaye remix.
boogie. listen to it here or press play above! playlist:
- jackson 5 – i want you back (z-trip remix)
- marvin gaye – too busy (black tiger sex machine refix)
- janelle monáe feat. big boi – tightrope (team banzai remix)
- james brown – i feel good (ali disco b remix)
- edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros – home (party supplies remix)
- earth, wind & fire – let’s groove tonight (dj emagen remix)
- sharon jones & the dap-kings – keep on looking (kenny dope remix)
- aretha franklin – respect (two shoes edit)
- mark ronson – bang bang bang (rhythm plate’s banging disco edit)
- bee gees – you should be dancing (professor lacroix utility edit)
- amy winehouse – rehab (hot chip remix)
- diana ross & the supremes – you keep me hangin’ on (team banzai remix)
- phoenix – lisztomania (shook remix)
ps: groovy dancing dudes courtesy of ben pearce.
i’m moving into a new place this month, and i’m excited. i’ll be living with my very good friends (yay) and just the thought of experiencing a change puts a spring in my step. have been catching myself looking at interiors online, which is kind of futile since i don’t have a money tree (yet). yeah. so, this is kind of what i would like my house to look like… one day. or at least elements of. taste veers drastically from very light & airy to pretty dark & moody.
click on the images for their sources. some of these might be reposts, sorry.