Art

morimura ray

sometimes you come across an artist whose work is everything that you love about art and design all rolled into piece after piece after piece you see. japanese artist ray morimura (or morimura ray, rather) creates graphically detailed prints from woodblocks that are so exquisitely designed they make me gawp. these are all from the combined collection of the ways. see more of his work here (it was tough picking favourites.) big images in this post, as they should be seen.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Kelley Friday 31 December, 2010 at 3:45 pm

These are absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing them.

• Reply petra Saturday 1 January, 2011 at 3:49 am

love these! really don’t know what else to say….

• Reply Mariella Saturday 1 January, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Wonderful work, absolutely breathtaking ..thankyouthankyou for sharing this!

• Reply Ashley Cooper Thursday 6 January, 2011 at 7:35 am

I just found your blog from “A Cup of Jo” and I am loving your posts especially this one! These pictures are amazing. The detail work is remarkable. I am so inspired by these Japanese inspired graphic pieces. Thanks for sharing, I am off to try to buy one! Happy New Year! Your new avid blog reader!

• Reply Miss Moss Thursday 6 January, 2011 at 2:19 pm

@everyone – glad you love them as much as i do!

@ashley cooper – so happy you found the blog :)

• Reply lisa miller Sunday 9 January, 2011 at 3:33 am

these are absolutely superb- so glad I found you

• Reply Steve Frenkel Friday 19 August, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Woodcuts like these have always enchanted me. Great, and simply wonderful images.

• Reply Miss Moss : morimura ray | Woodcuts | Scoop.it Wednesday 30 January, 2013 at 2:19 am

[…]   […]

• Reply Unnatural Perspectives by Morimura Ray – SOCKS Wednesday 26 March, 2014 at 4:48 pm

[…] Via: Miss Moss […]

• Reply Unnatural Perspectives by Morimura Ray - multiplode6.com Thursday 27 March, 2014 at 12:52 am

[…] Via: Miss Moss […]