1. reliving hip hop from days gone by – de la soul (pictured), the fugees, lauryn hill, a tribe called quest, notorious b.i.g, beastie boys, jungle brothers, dead prez … will smith and dj jazzy jeff (!) hell, even black eyed peas before fergie & elephunk. the stuff i jammed to in high school / uni. i have to admit i am not a hip hop aficionado, something that perhaps should be remedied.
2. tucking in your shirt – do it, you’ll feel instantly snappier. image source.
3. road trips – seeing more beyond your front door. image source.
4. wearable heels – i have many pairs of black & fancy heels – that i only bought for and wear on special occasions. i kind of hate them all. so i would like to purchase a nice pair that i won’t be scared of wearing during the day, and will also gussy things up at night. perhaps something by rachel comey? it’s nice to dream.
5. drawing & painting – went out the other day and dropped some cash on new inks, quills, brushes and nice paper. want to start drawing and creating again. might even show you the results if they’re good enough. image source.
6. live shows – if you’re from south africa you’ll understand that international bands don’t come here all too often, so when they do grace our shores people get mega excited. in the next 3 months i’ll be seeing U2 (hate on U2 as much as you want – but they were the first band i ever saw live, when i was 14 years old and i LOVED it); rammstein (till lindemann in leather / shirtless playing with fire, do i need another reason?) – and kings of leon (another case of haters gonna hate.) my biggest dream is to see arcade fire & daft punk perform in my area code. image source.
7. watching old movies – received the original sabrina on dvd for christmas & also have a few classics lined up such as some like it hot, the sting (pictured), roman holiday, the italian job etc. what are your favourites? suggestions welcome…
8. tomato & basil – i could eat plump tomatoes + fresh basil with olive oil, salt & pepper every day of the week for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and have done.) throw in a couple of perfectly cooked boiled eggies and i’m yours. image source.
9. more hamm please – not only is mad men coming back for another season (number 5 already! can you believe it) but my beloved jon hamm is also in 3 films coming out this year. okay okay, he’s everyone’s beloved jon hamm. also just have to quote this great write up from celebitchy’s top ten men of 2010 (give me a break, i read gossip sites)
The Hamm has to be Number One. You know why? Because The Hamm goes commando, just for the hell of it. Because The Hamm got the shaft when People Magazine named Douchey McGerbil Ryan Reynolds as their Sexiest Man Alive. Because The Hamm continues to bring the shiz on Mad Men, four season and counting. Because The Hamm needs to win more awards, NOW. Because one of the greatest moments of television history was seeing Don Draper in a suit and sunglasses standing on the New York street while Mick Jagger belts out “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”. Because The Hamm also rocked in The Town, proving that he can play a steely, hard-ass law-enforcement type. Because The Hamm is a gentleman and a feminist who talks about women and relationships and gender equality like a fully-functioning adult. Because The Hamm doesn’t screw around on his girlfriend of more than a decade. And mostly because of the commando thing.