i know annette better as aydekay, possibly the funniest gal on twitter. she makes me laugh all the time (no pressure, annette.) she has a tumblr too. AND she made the collage below herself (why didn’t i think of hearts?)
things i like right now by annette
- Gold Watches. I’ve been in the market for a watch for quite some time, and at the moment I’m leaning towards something like this, as soon as I can find one that is.
- 70 Juta. Dubbed “Jo’burg’s hip new cultural precinct”. Whatever that means.
- Jewellery by Eric Loubser. I Love Eric’s unusual pieces, so far Father xxxmas has said no, but maybe if I’m really good this year.
- Hyperboleandahalf. Too funny!
- Arrested Development. Only really got into this recently, two thumbs way up.
- Animals. I probably spend most of my time on the information superhighway looking at animal pictures. I can’t help it, look at that face!
- Lace-up boots. These are from Ann Demeulemeester.
- Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus. A slow, ponderous roadtrip documentary about the (deep) South, a ‘portrait of rural America as beautiful as it is bizarre’ with great, great music that’s really stuck.
- Jhb Skyline from Love Jozi. Super handy for hanging stuff (from Love Jozi).
- Richard Avedon. According to his The New York Times obituary, “his fashion and portrait photographs helped define America’s image of style, beauty and culture for the last half-century.” I also think they’re nice.
- The Decemberists – The King is Dead. The band’s sixth album, “The King is Dead,” is only due Jan. 18, but you can stream it here in the meantime.
- Jack Passion. I really, really like red hair, and I really like beards, and Mr. Jack Passion here has both. The beardiest man in the world, author of the bible of facial hair and the MC at the first ever National Beard and Moustache Championships.
- Good grammar. Please.
- Fruit. Not the most exciting of foodstuffs, but man, a good peach is worth its weight in gold.