oh, perfect swedish homes (tra la la)

have a sneaking suspicion that the apartments for sale at alvhem are cleverly furnished, styled and photographed by mega smart swedish real estate agents – duping us all into believing that we are inferior beings with inferior apartments.

i’d like to imagine that these are real homes, though. and then i ask myself… but why would you sell?

(they even have prop cats)

, , ,

9 Responses to oh, perfect swedish homes (tra la la)

1. Monique Wednesday 19 January, 2011 at 7:47 am #

Wow these apartments are eye candy. Yum. I love the wooden floor boards. White walls and dark wood is my ultimate fave. I certainly wouldn’t sell this place!

2. Siubhan Wednesday 19 January, 2011 at 11:23 am #

These are surely real homes – if not then Swedish real estate agents are a force to be reckoned with. The pictures are just gorgeous – I especially like the blanket strewn on the bed and the amazing bookshelf in the bedroom. The only answer to why would they sell is that they have found somewhere better – can you even imagine what that must be like?!

3. Jo Wednesday 19 January, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

well, if they are not homes, I wonder where my colleague’s friend is REALLY living then… :) the props are definitely the real estate agents as the same the same Tretorn rubber boots, plants and even chairs often pop up in these pics.

Then again, I have the same wooden floors, high ceilings, big windows here in Finland. I’m just missing the stylist!!

4. Marissa Wednesday 19 January, 2011 at 8:13 pm #

Why would you sell, indeed! I would never leave if my place looked like the first and third photos.

5. Theresa Thursday 20 January, 2011 at 6:17 am #

Ive been on a black walls kick lately but white can be oh-so-appealing also…

6. Meagan Friday 21 January, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

That bedroom totally rules. I’d love waking up in that every morning! And that kitty is cute as a button :) Happy Friday!

7. PixelHazard Saturday 22 January, 2011 at 1:01 am #

drooool

Bright Green Laces

8. Elizabeth Tuesday 25 January, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

Does anyone know what that white candle/ fireplace unit in the bedroom would be called, or where to get one?!

• Miss Moss Tuesday 25 January, 2011 at 8:03 pm #

@elizabeth i think those kind of fireplaces come standard in many swedish apartments like this – they are likely original fittings from when the buildings were built. the candles probably just indicate it’s not functioning anymore!