• Reply Janine Friday 21 January, 2011 at 9:10 am

Loving this new series, and I probably don’t say this too often – but I think your sense of style is BRILLIANT! Maybe that painting’s a Mary Cassat?

• Reply petra Friday 21 January, 2011 at 1:04 pm

these are brilliant. thanks for sharing :)

• Reply carrie leber Friday 21 January, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Gary Cooper is just timeless – so glad to see him included in your lineup.

• Reply Mariah Friday 21 January, 2011 at 5:23 pm

You have such an amazing eye. Love the Schiele comparison, especially.

• Reply cristina Friday 21 January, 2011 at 7:32 pm

+100000000 times…U have an incredible eye and i just love your site.Its a total visual feast

• Reply Sarah Morgan Friday 21 January, 2011 at 9:43 pm

This post is amazing! So creative. Keep it coming!

• Reply On Screen and Canvas « Delicious Musings Saturday 22 January, 2011 at 12:51 am

[…] cool is this blog post by Miss Moss comparing glamorous stars to portrait […]

• Reply Dagmarette Saturday 22 January, 2011 at 3:33 am

Ooo love marilyn. She looks so simple and feminine, an interesting contrast to what we’re used to.

• Reply alice Saturday 22 January, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Hi I love this series and introduced your blog to one of my students who has been photographing flowers and was looking for a new direction. Taking inspiration from you she is going to be doing a series looking at fashion images and images of flowers.

• Reply Miss Moss Sunday 23 January, 2011 at 5:55 pm

hey alice, that’s awesome – hope she enjoys it!

• Reply Tashrin Sunday 23 January, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Saw your wonderful work on The Clothes Horse. To say the least it’s absolutely fantastic and I have never seen anything quite like it.

Love

Tashrin – A Toronto based personal style blog

• Reply Monday Snax | Little Stories Monday 24 January, 2011 at 4:36 pm

[…] Figure-Figure. Lovely pairings of photographs and paintings. (Miss Moss) […]

• Reply Franziska Friday 28 January, 2011 at 3:17 pm

My passion is to collect and sell one of a kind costume jewelry, both new and previously owned. In my shows, I always try to find unexpected ways to pair the color or design of a jewelry piece with another item, not necessarily clothing, in order to evoke a deeper sensory reaction in the viewer… and hopefully, buyer! I find your pairings to evoke this sensory reaction in me.

• Reply Figure/Figure + Miss Moss « Hanging Vinyl Monday 7 February, 2011 at 9:09 pm

[…] {see the whole post here} […]

• Reply Vladimir Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 4:17 pm

The title of the painting you were looking for: Painting “Schoolgirl”, by Russian artist Naniana Gorb (b.1935)

• Reply Miss Moss Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 4:19 pm

thank you very much!

• Reply Art + Dames | Penny & Sonja Wednesday 7 March, 2012 at 12:03 am

[…] the whole post here Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this […]