Hila: things i like right now

i love when you stumble upon a blog, and within 2 minutes you add it to your reader & become a devoted follower – that’s what it was like when i came across hila‘s blog le projet d’amour. i knew her list would be full of things that i too would love (like masculine style, YES!) but what i like most about it is that hila admits to loving gossip girl… just like the rest of us chicks. don’t deny it, ladies – cause i won’t believe you.

things i like right now by hila shachar of le projet d’amour

1. Time Doesn’t Stand Still: I’m fascinated by this French short film, choreographed by Benjamin Millepied (New York City Ballet), who also choreographed The Black Swan.
  2. Versailles la Nuit: Versailles is an amazing place in the daytime. I remember walking through its ‘Hall of Mirrors’ in awe. Can you imagine what it must be like to visit at night?
  3. Masculine Style: there’s nothing more alluring, in my opinion, than a woman in masculine clothing. I have a fondness for a classic white shirt tucked into wide-legged pants. So cool and elegant.
  4. Renato D’Agostin: I’m so drawn to photographer Renato D’Agostin’s work at the moment. There’s something classic yet modern about his subtle black and white images.
  5. Fire with Fire: How utterly amazing is this video installation by the Montreal-based artist, Isabelle Hayeur?
  6. The Baby-Sitters Club: Where Are They Now? This article is beyond hilarious. Although, being addicted to Sweet Valley High when I was little, I wish someone would do a similar article for Liz and Jessica and the rest of the Sweet Valley gang.
  7. The Waves by Virginia Woolf: My favourite Woolf novel, which I’m re-reading now for the fourth time.
  8. Tree of Codes by Jonathan Safran Foer: My friend recently received a copy of Tree of Codes and it’s quite possibly the most intricately-made book I’ve ever seen.
  9. Ballet Classes: There are very few things I enjoy more at the moment than my regular ballet classes. It’s probably the only form of exercise I actually like. Photo by Bruce Monk.
  10. 1920s Haircut: Ever since I saw the film Cracks, I’ve been coveting Eva Green’s 1920s haircut.
  11. Gossip Girl: as my friend so eloquently put it, ‘you’re addicted to this crap’. Yes, I am.
  12. French Kitchen by Serge Dansereau: This cook book has been on my wish-list for a long time and my brother recently bought a copy. I’ve been devouring the book with my eyes and senses. It has won its way into my heart as one of my favourite ‘go-to’ recipe books.
  13. ‘My Penguin’ Series: The idea behind the ‘My Penguin’ series is genius: the book covers of classic penguin novels are literally a blank canvas for anyone to create their own unique cover. I’ve been perusing the gallery of covers quite a bit.
  14. Soul Warmer by Gerda Steiner and Jörg Lenzlinger: This is pretty much a nerd’s heaven. Books + Art = Sublime.
  15. Violins: I love the tones and sounds of violins. I’ve been listening to them endlessly on my ipod. Photo from Un coeur en hiver

, ,

15 Responses to Hila: things i like right now

1. Mariella Monday 24 January, 2011 at 8:44 am #

yesterday watched 3 episodes in a row (of Gossip girl seas 4 I mean) this post makes me feel a little better about it…

2. Vanessa Monday 24 January, 2011 at 8:50 am #

I too fell in love with Hila’s beautiful blog after just a few minutes. What a wonderful list; everything on there looks amazing and reminds me that I really should read the Waves at last.

3. Pamela Monday 24 January, 2011 at 6:18 pm #

“i love when you stumble upon a blog, and within 2 minutes you add it to your reader & become a devoted follower”….That’s how I felt when I stumbled across yours.

4. Gabija Monday 24 January, 2011 at 7:09 pm #

This year I started taking ballet classes too. I was sooo happy to find nice and not boring way to exercise.

5. my little apartment Monday 24 January, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

yep, that’s basically how I felt about your blog. I think I read through like 20+ pages when I first came across it. thanks fro curating such awesome loveliness…

6. Molly Monday 24 January, 2011 at 8:19 pm #

Ha! Yes. I agree with the comments above, and is what I came here to write. Your blog is fantastic, and I was enamored within minutes. Thank you for all that share, including Hila’s blog! I’m excited to check hers out now as well!

7. Anabela Monday 24 January, 2011 at 8:21 pm #

Oh, the two of you — match made in heaven. Love this, love Gossip Girl!

8. Dagmarette Monday 24 January, 2011 at 8:54 pm #

I love clemence poesy! she is such a style icon, I especially love her sporting these wide legged, high wasted pants. I just watched 127 Hours last night and she was absolutely adorable in it (although she was mostly sans clothes!)

9. HernamewasLola Monday 24 January, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

This is such a fabulous roundup! I just adore this new-to-me blog. xo Lola

10. hila Tuesday 25 January, 2011 at 4:38 am #

aww, thanks everyone :)

11. Tracey Tuesday 25 January, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

A beautiful collections of ‘things you like’ … though I would expect nothing less from you Hila! :)

I would love to take up ballet lessons, and a visit to France for a wander would be very nice indeed! :)

12. Christine Wednesday 26 January, 2011 at 4:19 pm #

Wonderful collection! That short film looks fantastic. And I love 1920s hairstyles!

13. hila Friday 28 January, 2011 at 9:38 am #

thanks ladies, it was fun collecting :)

14. Andrea Saturday 29 January, 2011 at 3:49 am #

That’s what it was like when I came across THIS blog.

15. Kat Sunday 30 January, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

What a lovely idea! I’ve been thinking about compiling a list of favorite places around the world for my blog, but you inspired me with the favorite things as well! Thank you! Great post!
    All the best,