february music mix is here! as much as i kind of despise valentines day/month i have to admit i was thinking about it when putting this mix together. it’s not 100% love songs, in fact there are a number of songs on here that are distinctly un-love songs. you know, valentines is a bunch of hoo haa anyway. BUT if you need something for your valentine that’s anti-hallmark just burn this playlist to CD… you can take complete credit, i won’t mind *
there’s something about us. tracklist:
- yeasayer – i remember
- fleet foxes – helplessness blues
- alexander – truth
- the middle east – blood
- bloc party – i still remember (lull’s music box & tears mix)
- arctic monkeys – the lovers (acoustic)
- death cab for cutie – love song (the cure)
- bon iver – skinny love (das kapital rerub)
- passion pit – to kingdom come
- rtp – all that’s left (rac mix)
- clap your hands say yeah – is this love?
- flight of the conchords – the most beautiful girl (in the room)
- radiohead – thinking about you
- bruce springsteen – i’m on fire (cousin cole’s bad desire mix)**
- daft punk – something about us
* a mix-tape is more romantic than anything in the entire world.
** i listened to this 12,000 times yesterday.
all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!