14 there's something about us
Music

there’s something about us

february music mix is here! as much as i kind of despise valentines day/month i have to admit i was thinking about it when putting this mix together. it’s not 100% love songs, in fact there are a number of songs on here that are distinctly un-love songs. you know, valentines is a bunch of hoo haa anyway. BUT if you need something for your valentine that’s anti-hallmark just burn this playlist to CD… you can take complete credit, i won’t mind *

there’s something about us. tracklist:

1. yeasayer – i remember
  2. fleet foxes – helplessness blues
  3. alexander – truth
  4. the middle east – blood
  5. bloc party – i still remember (lull’s music box & tears mix)
  6. arctic monkeys – the lovers (acoustic)
  7. death cab for cutie – love song (the cure)
  8. bon iver – skinny love (das kapital rerub)
  9. passion pit – to kingdom come
  10. rtp – all that’s left (rac mix)
  11. clap your hands say yeah – is this love?
  12. flight of the conchords – the most beautiful girl (in the room)
  13. radiohead – thinking about you
  14. bruce springsteen – i’m on fire (cousin cole’s bad desire mix)**
  15. daft punk – something about us

* a mix-tape is more romantic than anything in the entire world.

** i listened to this 12,000 times yesterday.

all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Dagmarette @ The Finishing School Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 8:33 am

I think some XX will fit in nicely with this mix too! I love Crystalized from their last album…

• Reply wolf eyebrows Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 9:34 am

love that middle east song.

• Reply Kerstin Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I really like the mix… and the artwork! Is the background a part of a Gunnel Wåhlstrand painting? I love her work!

• Reply Miss Moss Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 1:45 pm

nope, the artwork is just something i knocked together in photoshop. glad you like the mix.

• Reply Jordana @ White Cabana Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I have been loving your music mixes. Looking forward to hearing this lovely one. Thank you!
    -Jordana

• Reply Johanna Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Thank you, thank you! I really enjoy this.

• Reply Telri Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Paper Jet are making something great for valentines day that you can write this mix on!
    Check it out next week! http://paperjetpilots.tumblr.com/page/1
    The something great will be available in Joburg and even Pretoria!

• Reply Elise Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 4:58 pm

This is such a beautiful mix! Based on your wonderful taste, I think you’d really like The Civil Wars… Record just came out today. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Kerstin Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I had guessed that you had designed the artwork from different pictures etc. If you’re interested: On http://www.foammagazine.nl/portfolio?foto=103 down at the bottom of the page is the painting you cover has reminded me of. She’s painting pictures of her family members in large sizes using ink.

• Reply Grace Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Your mixes are my best friends. Seriously. Thank you so much for making them!

• Reply Molly at One Kind Word Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Ohhh, the mix is lovely. As is that image!!!

• Reply Miss Moss Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 6:01 pm

@Kerstin – turns out the image i used is one of hers, it was on auction a little while ago at bukowski’s:

her work is beautiful, thanks for the link!

• Reply biginmyhead Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 7:09 pm

lady you make a mean mix tape.
    thanks.
    and please continue the good work.

• Reply Janine Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 8:27 pm

My my my, No.8 rocks!! Very nice, thank you :)

• Reply Halie Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Wait, you have an amazing photographic eye, know your art history AND make awesome music mixes? I heart you so hard!!!

• Reply Stephanie Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Great mix! Thanks for sharing. I post a mix every Monday. You might like them too!

• Reply Mel Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Love the mix! Perfect for a snowy day at home (pretty artwork too).

• Reply Marjolein Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 9:39 pm

This is a lovely mix! I especially like the song by Alexander :) Thank you for your wonderfull website!

• Reply Rachel Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I love you for sharing your playlists. Thanks!

• Reply saer {craven maven} Tuesday 1 February, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Wow – I never download mixtapes { even though they are one of my most favourite things in the world }, but this time I made an exception not least because you included The Middle East and FotC.
    Loving it lots!
    x

• Reply Sarah Morgan Wednesday 2 February, 2011 at 12:00 am

Great mix + artwork!

Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Veralynn Wednesday 2 February, 2011 at 1:01 am

Fantastic mix!

Greetings from California,
    VP

• Reply hila Wednesday 2 February, 2011 at 5:37 am

great mix diana!

• Reply Peroxide Blonde Wednesday 2 February, 2011 at 6:16 am

Love it, thanks

• Reply love love « Whimsies of The Whirly Bean Thursday 3 February, 2011 at 6:32 am

[…] tiny heart ring on etsy . a most fantastic february music mix – tracklist and link to download at miss moss […]

• Reply Marisa (Good Good) Thursday 3 February, 2011 at 7:21 am

Your mixes are always so spot on! Love the Flight of the Conchords inclusion. Can’t wait to listen!

• Reply CASEY Thursday 3 February, 2011 at 9:00 am

great mix. as always, thanks for sharing!

• Reply Gabija Thursday 3 February, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I enjoy your mixtapes sooo much:>

• Reply Miss Moss Thursday 3 February, 2011 at 9:30 pm

i’m so happy everyone’s enjoying the mix! this is probably my favourite one so far, guys.

• Reply Lindsay Friday 4 February, 2011 at 3:45 am

perfect mix for february…thanks so much!

• Reply Talya Friday 4 February, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Hello there,
    I never write comments on websites but I really think you deserve a Thank you for this, I also never download stuff having crappy mobile internet but it was well worth the 40 minute wait. It’s a lovely gift, thanks again – feel free to make some more!x

• Reply Miss Moss Friday 4 February, 2011 at 5:57 pm

@ Talya – thanks for taking the time to comment (and the long wait to download the mix – wow!) Glad you are enjoying it… be sure to download all the rest (if you can stand the wait, haha)

• Reply isabellawhitney Saturday 5 February, 2011 at 12:42 am

you have the best mixes ever. thanks for sharing!

• Reply heidimari Saturday 5 February, 2011 at 11:53 am

I’m so badly in love with all your mixes. Please never stop making them!

• Reply Linnéa Monday 7 February, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I just love your mixes! Thanks a lot for making and sharing them. You made my day today!

• Reply Dutchmode Thursday 10 February, 2011 at 10:41 am

Great selection of tracks…I’ve been looking for Das Kapital’s rerub of Skinny love for quite a while now…can’t believe this cape town homeboi hasn’t gone international yet….

• Reply Brynn Sunday 13 February, 2011 at 12:37 am

you have impeccable taste in music and a gift at mix-magic! thank you so much for sharing :) have a lovely day!

• Reply Jesica Tuesday 22 February, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Your mixes are incredible. They always seem to fit my moods perfectly. Thank you so much for this!

• Reply Wish fulfillment. « PoseCity Sunday 12 February, 2012 at 7:37 pm

[…] song is on the “There’s Something About Us” compilation and although it was created a year ago, I just had my first listen last week […]