mary katrantzou a/w 2011

you might be familiar with the amazing print work of designer mary katrantzou. well, her a/w 2011 collection recently unveiled at london fashion week is no different or any less spectacular. i’m sure you know what i did next…

pairing some of her pieces with decorative oriental prints & ceramics from various auctions at bukowskis

go here to see katrantzou’s non-cropped collection

all runway images courtesy of vogue.co.uk

, , , , , , , , ,

40 Responses to mary katrantzou a/w 2011

1. d i a n a Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

I tell you, I’m going to lay myself down and die from the splendor of it all. These are spectacular.

I must go now. The beauty is overwhelming.

2. Mariella Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

Amazing amazing combination! I agree, the beauty is overwhelming…

3. Vicki Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 3:24 pm #

Beautiful. SO weird – i have exactly the same vase (think it’s image # 11)…

4. Miss Moss Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

then your vase is worth a lot of money, vicki ;)

5. andrea Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

you’re a genius <3

6. Melanie's Randomness Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

Wow each one is more prettier than the next!! These are breathtakingly beautiful!

Melanie’s Randomness

7. kate Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 4:42 pm #

Sweet lord, you are good at this blogging thing! Hit another one out of the park, in my opinion.

8. Rebecca Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

I never get tired of the brilliance of these posts. Especially since this one is about one of my very favourite fall collections so far. Beauty

9. Sarah Morgan Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 5:54 pm #

Amazing. Such a stunning collection – and your comparisons are brilliant. Please, never stop posting.

10. Sharon Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

These are really gorgeous, and actually kind of help me parse what patterns/prints/decorative motifs are going on in each look. . . makes me want to take pictures of my mom’s best dishes and see if I can print them on fabric.

11. Honora Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

This is AMAZING. Just a visual feast!

12. SisterBatik Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

Hi there

Just about the most gorgeous designs i have seen in a while – those clashing oriental designare just fabulous and I love the pairing with ceramics. Thank you for putting together a gorgeous post!

13. Jean Jean Vintage Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 7:50 pm #

This is incredible. Just absolutely incredible.

14. Brittany H Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 9:23 pm #

That is insane! And executed very well. Love it.

PS- I’m hosting my first GIVEAWAY on my blog! Please come and see!
    X

15. Julie Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 9:39 pm #

I’m in awe! Amazing as always… :)

16. m.fay Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 10:52 pm #

yes, yes, yes, whooooooa baby!

17. Maggie Friday 25 February, 2011 at 12:01 am #

Just when I thought your inspiring fashion + art pairing posts couldn’t get any better…
    I am amazed each time at how perfect a fit each one is.
    Your eyes is fantastic.

18. Anna Friday 25 February, 2011 at 12:26 am #

your blog gets an A+. great eye! thanks for sharing the beauty.

19. Cassi Friday 25 February, 2011 at 1:03 am #

I’m really diggin’ the tights!

20. Alissa Friday 25 February, 2011 at 2:02 am #

absolutely impressive!

21. Megan Friday 25 February, 2011 at 6:06 am #

I am loving these. Both the fashion and the ceramics! beautiful.

22. ann Friday 25 February, 2011 at 7:11 am #

I just found your blog through referrals to my site from your tumblr and i am DYING!! i feel like we are blogging soulmates … and i read A LOT of blogs, but I’ve never said that before! the palettes, the inspirations w the fashion images… ahhh! love it!

come say hi on my blog and keep in touch!

Holier than Now

23. Eirian Friday 25 February, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

OMG these have just blown my mind! beautiful! thanks for sharing <3

24. Sarah Friday 25 February, 2011 at 10:47 pm #

LOOOOVE it! Am going to repost this, hope you don’t mind! Love all Mary Katrantzou Danielle Scutt, Mark Fast pack of amazingness!

25. Marissa Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 4:47 am #

Great, great job with this post! It’s one of my favorite London collections, and I love seeing the related inspiration right there next to it.

26. Marissa Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 4:56 am #

P.S. – I just submitted this for Link Love over on Beautifully Invisible. I just love this post. :)

27. lisa miller Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 7:40 am #

these are amazing- so clever- the ocmbination of scale, colour and print is extraordinary. thank you for bringing
    this to my attention

28. Eve Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 2:01 pm #

Wow, this is just amazing!!! It just made my day :)

29. Chrisp Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

Miss Moss, You are an art historical and aesthetic genius!

30. Lisa Maria Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 6:54 pm #

I love this post!! Its so beautiful how you put everything together.

31. Dagmarette @ The Finishing School Sunday 27 February, 2011 at 4:07 am #

China Doll indeed! Amazing prints and fabrics! I wonder if she had them custom made, either way they’re beautiful! Did you see Christopher Kane’s? What did you think of his grandma’s chic collection?

32. Casee Marie Monday 28 February, 2011 at 11:54 pm #

This is absolutely amazing! Thank you for introducing me to the collection and in such a unique and explosive way. I’m smitten with all the rich prints and original shapes. This is just what fashion and art are all about. Beautiful!

33. Anya adores Tuesday 1 March, 2011 at 5:12 pm #

ADORABLE – I love it – what an amazing feast for the eye.
    Well done!!
    xx from http://anyaadores.blogspot.com

34. Fashnlvr Tuesday 1 March, 2011 at 5:18 pm #

I was completely entranced with the colors and designs on this page! Beautiful! I love those purple print leggings – the orange as well and the shoes that go with each outfit. Perfection!!

35. Dee Tuesday 1 March, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

Um, just slightly amazing.

36. Madison Thursday 3 March, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

Stunning! love the way this is posted. :)

37. reub-envision Saturday 5 March, 2011 at 9:22 pm #

loved this show
    love these comparisons
    you were link loved on my saturday post
    keep this stuff coming !

38. agnes szucs @ iiiinspired Sunday 6 March, 2011 at 2:58 am #

Oh my, this is absolutely jaw-dropping!

39. Amrita Saturday 12 March, 2011 at 2:28 pm #

I absolutely love Mary Katrantzou….your pairing of her collection with the ceramics is brilliant!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Porcelain ポーセリン « Sleeping Mountains - Thursday 3 March, 2011

[...] see Miss Moss’s comparisons with actual porcelain patterns, and the Sartorialist’s photo that shows how this might [...]