Fashion, Stuff

mary katrantzou a/w 2011

you might be familiar with the amazing print work of designer mary katrantzou. well, her a/w 2011 collection recently unveiled at london fashion week is no different or any less spectacular. i’m sure you know what i did next…

pairing some of her pieces with decorative oriental prints & ceramics from various auctions at bukowskis

go here to see katrantzou’s non-cropped collection

all runway images courtesy of vogue.co.uk

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply d i a n a Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I tell you, I’m going to lay myself down and die from the splendor of it all. These are spectacular.

I must go now. The beauty is overwhelming.

• Reply Mariella Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Amazing amazing combination! I agree, the beauty is overwhelming…

• Reply Vicki Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Beautiful. SO weird – i have exactly the same vase (think it’s image # 11)…

• Reply Miss Moss Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 3:32 pm

then your vase is worth a lot of money, vicki ;)

• Reply andrea Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 4:27 pm

you’re a genius <3

• Reply Melanie's Randomness Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Wow each one is more prettier than the next!! These are breathtakingly beautiful!

Melanie’s Randomness

• Reply kate Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Sweet lord, you are good at this blogging thing! Hit another one out of the park, in my opinion.

• Reply Rebecca Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I never get tired of the brilliance of these posts. Especially since this one is about one of my very favourite fall collections so far. Beauty

• Reply Sarah Morgan Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Amazing. Such a stunning collection – and your comparisons are brilliant. Please, never stop posting.

• Reply Sharon Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 6:39 pm

These are really gorgeous, and actually kind of help me parse what patterns/prints/decorative motifs are going on in each look. . . makes me want to take pictures of my mom’s best dishes and see if I can print them on fabric.

• Reply Honora Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 7:07 pm

This is AMAZING. Just a visual feast!

• Reply SisterBatik Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Hi there

Just about the most gorgeous designs i have seen in a while – those clashing oriental designare just fabulous and I love the pairing with ceramics. Thank you for putting together a gorgeous post!

• Reply Jean Jean Vintage Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 7:50 pm

This is incredible. Just absolutely incredible.

• Reply Brittany H Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 9:23 pm

That is insane! And executed very well. Love it.

PS- I’m hosting my first GIVEAWAY on my blog! Please come and see!
    X

• Reply Julie Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I’m in awe! Amazing as always… :)

• Reply m.fay Thursday 24 February, 2011 at 10:52 pm

yes, yes, yes, whooooooa baby!

• Reply Maggie Friday 25 February, 2011 at 12:01 am

Just when I thought your inspiring fashion + art pairing posts couldn’t get any better…
    I am amazed each time at how perfect a fit each one is.
    Your eyes is fantastic.

• Reply Anna Friday 25 February, 2011 at 12:26 am

your blog gets an A+. great eye! thanks for sharing the beauty.

• Reply Cassi Friday 25 February, 2011 at 1:03 am

I’m really diggin’ the tights!

• Reply Alissa Friday 25 February, 2011 at 2:02 am

absolutely impressive!

• Reply Megan Friday 25 February, 2011 at 6:06 am

I am loving these. Both the fashion and the ceramics! beautiful.

• Reply ann Friday 25 February, 2011 at 7:11 am

I just found your blog through referrals to my site from your tumblr and i am DYING!! i feel like we are blogging soulmates … and i read A LOT of blogs, but I’ve never said that before! the palettes, the inspirations w the fashion images… ahhh! love it!

come say hi on my blog and keep in touch!

Holier than Now

• Reply Eirian Friday 25 February, 2011 at 1:44 pm

OMG these have just blown my mind! beautiful! thanks for sharing <3

• Reply Sarah Friday 25 February, 2011 at 10:47 pm

LOOOOVE it! Am going to repost this, hope you don’t mind! Love all Mary Katrantzou Danielle Scutt, Mark Fast pack of amazingness!

• Reply Marissa Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 4:47 am

Great, great job with this post! It’s one of my favorite London collections, and I love seeing the related inspiration right there next to it.

• Reply Marissa Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 4:56 am

P.S. – I just submitted this for Link Love over on Beautifully Invisible. I just love this post. :)

• Reply lisa miller Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 7:40 am

these are amazing- so clever- the ocmbination of scale, colour and print is extraordinary. thank you for bringing
    this to my attention

• Reply Eve Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Wow, this is just amazing!!! It just made my day :)

• Reply Chrisp Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Miss Moss, You are an art historical and aesthetic genius!

• Reply Lisa Maria Saturday 26 February, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I love this post!! Its so beautiful how you put everything together.

• Reply Dagmarette @ The Finishing School Sunday 27 February, 2011 at 4:07 am

China Doll indeed! Amazing prints and fabrics! I wonder if she had them custom made, either way they’re beautiful! Did you see Christopher Kane’s? What did you think of his grandma’s chic collection?

• Reply Casee Marie Monday 28 February, 2011 at 11:54 pm

This is absolutely amazing! Thank you for introducing me to the collection and in such a unique and explosive way. I’m smitten with all the rich prints and original shapes. This is just what fashion and art are all about. Beautiful!

• Reply Anya adores Tuesday 1 March, 2011 at 5:12 pm

ADORABLE – I love it – what an amazing feast for the eye.
    Well done!!
    xx from http://anyaadores.blogspot.com

• Reply Fashnlvr Tuesday 1 March, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I was completely entranced with the colors and designs on this page! Beautiful! I love those purple print leggings – the orange as well and the shoes that go with each outfit. Perfection!!

• Reply Dee Tuesday 1 March, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Um, just slightly amazing.

• Reply Porcelain ポーセリン « Sleeping Mountains Thursday 3 March, 2011 at 1:57 pm

[…] see Miss Moss’s comparisons with actual porcelain patterns, and the Sartorialist’s photo that shows how this might […]

• Reply Madison Thursday 3 March, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Stunning! love the way this is posted. :)

• Reply reub-envision Saturday 5 March, 2011 at 9:22 pm

loved this show
    love these comparisons
    you were link loved on my saturday post
    keep this stuff coming !

• Reply agnes szucs @ iiiinspired Sunday 6 March, 2011 at 2:58 am

Oh my, this is absolutely jaw-dropping!

• Reply Amrita Saturday 12 March, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I absolutely love Mary Katrantzou….your pairing of her collection with the ceramics is brilliant!