Vintage

Kodachrome…

You give us those nice bright colors, you give us the greens of summers / Makes you think all the world’s a sunny day, oh yeah! / I got a Nikon camera , I love to take a photograph / So Mama, don’t take my Kodachrome away

makes me smile EVERY time. i thought of that song immediately when looking through aroid’s kodachrome photos, not just because they are actually kodachrome – but certainly the feeling they evoke. i really am such a sucker for old family photographs, and these babies are a serious treat. if you have some time to spare (MAKE some time, dammit) – have a gander through his incredible collection of vintage photographs (which i have blogged about before over here)

he even has home movies for heaven’s sake.

all belong to aroid.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply hila Thursday 3 March, 2011 at 8:37 am

gorgeous! this is how I wish my family photos looked, as opposed to me looking slightly bothered in each photo.

and yes, I’ll make time to look at that collection!

• Reply Monique Thursday 3 March, 2011 at 9:38 am

The photos are so vibrant and bright. I too am a fan of vintage family photos.

• Reply rubi Thursday 3 March, 2011 at 5:59 pm

this collection is amazing! i love kodachrome images. have you seen this flickr set of autochrome images? they are also to die for. http://www.flickr.com/photos/george_eastman_house/sets/72157606226772243/

• Reply Lauren Thursday 3 March, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I’m definitely going to make time to get through his collections!

• Reply Hannah Thursday 3 March, 2011 at 9:21 pm

The vibe in these pictures is amazing. And the boy is so fierce (too mucn ANTM, I apologise).

• Reply Elias Friday 4 March, 2011 at 12:34 am

These are amazing. Thanks for sharing Diana. I’m not sure if you’ve seen these, but I stumbled across some color photos from Shackleton’s trip to Antarctica. I think you’d enjoy them: http://www.orangejuice-etc.com/?p=3024

• Reply Elias Friday 4 March, 2011 at 12:35 am

Oh, and kudos for the Paul Simon reference. Love that song :)

• Reply eva Friday 4 March, 2011 at 7:35 am

Great post! I also really like old family photos!
    have a look at this http://irinawerning.com/back-to-the-fut/back-to-the-future/