don draper disapproves

been thinking about mad men a lot lately. i know that a fifth season is on the cards, but no one knows when it’s coming back. apparently it’s a money issue. critically acclaimed but not exactly bringing in the big bucks … like mostly everything that is cool in the world? don draper’s myriad of disapproving facial expressions shows how i feel about this.

this was sort of an excuse just to look at jon hamm’s face. screencaps courtesy of  emma-jane & jon hamm source

, , , ,

31 Responses to don draper disapproves

1. amy w Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 10:16 am #

Yay John Hamm’s face! He doesn’t look happy with this state of affairs, and I quite agree

2. Dianne Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

BEST BLOG POST EVER

3. Teresa Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 12:42 pm #

Oh Don!
    I couldn’t have conveyed my annoyance any better!

Wonderful post!

4. Annie Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

I love this! And I really hope you’ll be able to follow up soon with happy Don–we need the next season already!

5. Holli Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

This was the perfect way to start my day…How I love Jon Hamm!

6. Captivated by image Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

Haha, hilarious post. Totally agree with his facial expressions on how it’s not clear when the show will be back. Can’t wait till its back, it’s one of the best series ever I think!

7. Caitlin Rose Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 5:05 pm #

haha, its hard to imagine your face making don drapers facial expressions because your blog is so pretty.

8. Lexie Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 5:17 pm #

I hope they suck it up and do it! Forget about money for once and recognize that you’re apart of something well-written and culturally significant.

9. Cassi Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

Hilarious! Any excuse to see his face is a great one. :)

10. Maggie Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 7:40 pm #

Don Draper is not amused.
    So fantastic–this made me laugh out loud. Except I had no idea that Season 5 might not air this summer (I was so looking forward to it!), so after I finished laughing I made a face quite like dear John here.

11. Lauren Tuesday 8 March, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

Loves it!! I dream about Jon Hamm, I love him so.

12. Sly Fox Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 12:11 am #

YUMMY! This is the greatest post EVER.

I met him in person about a month ago and he is even better looking in real life.

A complete dreamboat.

Swoon.

13. Meagan Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 12:37 am #

I love Jon Hamm. I love that he goes on SNL and 30 Rock and plays the funny man, the exact opposite of Don Draper. It always makes me laugh.

So the show is uncertain? This is kind of breaking my day here, thank goodness we’ve got great Don pics to make my day. It’s the same with Project Runway – when is there going to be a new season of that? It’s killing me!

14. Kristine Joy Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 1:20 am #

lol this was soop funny!

15. Liza Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 1:46 am #

I love the exact entirety of your blog, but this? THIS I ADORE! Ohhh! Don Draper. I hear we can expect a season 5 in December, but if this is all hearsay than darnit, I say we round up a crew and shoot our own season pre-make to tide us through! Ending the 4th season was a sad day on my calender. Sad, but so so good.

16. Marisa (Good Good) Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 8:46 am #

Haha this post just made me laugh out loud. I want to make a flip book or something that I can pull out and show people when they are being dumb.

17. Carla Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

Hahaha, I like this a lot! Well captured and an excellent idea!

18. erin Wednesday 9 March, 2011 at 8:54 pm #

Like you need an excuse to look at that beautiful face! I hope to warrant Don’s disapproval one day :)

19. Sarah Thursday 10 March, 2011 at 1:30 am #

Wha??? Not sure when the next season is coming? I had no idea!!! Sad face. Big, sad face.

20. .amanda. Thursday 10 March, 2011 at 5:28 pm #

oh gosh thats good!! Here is a video of him saying “what” and it is too too funny!! http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1943369

I really, really hope it comes back, the show is so great from sets to costumes to story plots. sigh.

21. Stephanie Friday 11 March, 2011 at 5:34 am #

I. Can’t. Stop. Laughing. :)

thanks

22. Principia Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

I approve that Don Draper disapproves.. :9

23. clio Friday 25 March, 2011 at 11:38 pm #

love it. i miss the drapers :(

24. Susan Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 1:15 am #

Yum.

You & your readers should follow Basket of Kisses, a cool Mad Men blog out of New York. They have the very latest – always. And often, by way of interviews w/MM actors.

The 5th & 6th season are almost nailed down.

Cheers

25. Marta Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 2:39 am #

hahaha i love this one!

Marta @ An Interesting Distraction

26. very married Monday 28 March, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

jon hamm = very hott.

27. Jess Friday 23 March, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

So much better than seeing Don Draper approve (a rare occasion…but for season 5, who knows!)
    Thanks for sharing!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Cardstyle, Cardstore.com - Our Favorite Blog Posts: March 29 - April 4 — Holiday Cards, Christmas Cards, Photo Cards and Stationery Trends from Cardstyle, the official blog of Cardstore.com - Wednesday 11 May, 2011

[...] Disapproves – With the news that Mad Men has been postponed, all Mad Men lovers are in mourning. This post from Miss Moss cracked me up with all the photos of Don Draper looking very upset about this news; [...]

2. Friday Links IX (Food and French) « Small Dog Syndrome - Friday 23 March, 2012

[...] this Sunday!  I love that show and it’s been gone for too long.  Here’s some fun: Don Draper and his many disapproving faces.  Also, Mad Men re-imagined as Little Ms. and Mr. Men.  Childhood = [...]

3. For the Love of Mad Men « - Monday 26 March, 2012

[...] In celebration, I present “Don Draper Disapproves,” via Miss Moss. [...]

4. A few little things I love right now | - Wednesday 3 July, 2013

[...] the Disney photos done by Annie Leibovitz using actors and actresses 02. Don Draper disapproving 03. amethyst cocktail ring 04. amazing eye makeup remover 05. a cable knit pillow and the cashmere [...]