Hermès

so … Bukowski’s. i can’t help myself. had a major browse through their Vintage & Jewellery catalogue which auctioned two days ago. tons of items from designer labels like ysl, louis vuitton & chanel (including chanel no.5 brooch which i thought was pretty cool) and you know, it’s all very beautiful – but what i was most interested in was the scarves. particularly the Hermès scarves, which i have always delegated to old lady territory until i became intrigued by the possibility of wearing head scarves last winter.

of course, wearing them around your neck is probably a good idea too. though i have never mastered the art of tying a delicate square silk scarf without it looking like a complete mess. and besides, you want to see the amazing prints right? these would go straight into frames on my walls, hypothetically. they sold for between € 150-350 each by the way…

, , , , , ,

8 Responses to Hermès

1. Kate Wednesday 16 March, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

these are exquisite. no words.

2. Sally Wednesday 16 March, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

Wow, I honestly never knew the famed scarves are so intricate!

3. Alice Thursday 17 March, 2011 at 2:03 am #

I love that dog scarf. Kind of hilarious & ridiculous but still elegant.
    xx
    Alice
    Clouds & Candy

4. Lenea Thursday 17 March, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

I actually found the Jacquard Les Fetes du roi Soleil Hermes scarf at the salvation army for $1.00 two years ago. It’s amazing.

5. lee Thursday 17 March, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

Foxhounds+silk scarf= fabulous/ridiculous

I love it!

6. Louise Thursday 17 March, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

Wow. Those are amazing. I’m going to save them and look at them on rainy days.

7. Elissa Thursday 24 March, 2011 at 6:35 pm #

Do you Know the web site and the shop from Catherine B ? she is in Paris and she’s specialised in Hermès and Chanel …. http://www.catherine-b.com , also 2 shop in St Germain des Près 1 and 3 rue Guisarde 75006 paris

8. Kayla Thursday 24 March, 2011 at 6:51 pm #

Oh these are just beautiful! I especially like the blue one with the jungle theme! @ Elissa I am so glad that you mentioned Catherine B. I was going to do the same! She has a collection of Hermès scarves to rival all others..very impressive indeed!

Voila a direct link to the scarf collection! http://www.catherine-b.com/catalogue.asp?category=5
    P.S. if you are looking for a particular scarf you can always send an email inquiry.