Stuff

NORTH / SOUTH

thought i’d highlight the best of both worlds – since you notherners are slowly skipping into spring, and us southerners are steadily creeping into autumn. i’m sure we are both eager for a change … i know i am.

NORTH: spring flowers / beating the heat / the beach / swimming / watermelon / bare legs / lazing outdoors / shorts / ice-cream conesSOUTH: autumn colours / falling leaves / warm boots / scarves / comfort food / rainy walks / fireplaces / layering / snuggly beds

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Anabela Monday 21 March, 2011 at 3:44 pm

If only I could visit a beach easily…! I think it would make my life perfect.

• Reply Manu Monday 21 March, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I love both seasons, and as a fellow southerner, I can’t wait for fall to finally arrive! We’re still having summery temperatures here in Buenos Aires.

Besos!

• Reply thedabble Monday 21 March, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I’m flattered you liked my soup shot (comfort food)! Love this layout!

• Reply a stylized hysteria Monday 21 March, 2011 at 4:37 pm

The stuff you picked for autumn is gorgeous, but as someone eagerly awaiting Spring, the beach pic has me drooling!

• Reply Caitlin Rose Monday 21 March, 2011 at 4:57 pm

oh I can’t decide which season I like better.

• Reply søt Monday 21 March, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Although some of those fall/winter stuff is really nice, I wouldn’t mind having spring/summer weather the whole year :) So I’m very happy that the weather is really becoming better over here in Belgium. The first days of sun, hurraaaay!

• Reply maggie // noirohio Monday 21 March, 2011 at 5:28 pm

this is such a great post. Fabulous images!
    xx

• Reply hannah Monday 21 March, 2011 at 5:32 pm

gorgeous! so glad im heading into spring, but those autumn tones are seductive..

• Reply Elise Monday 21 March, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Love this! Two of my favorite seasons… but I am definitely so excited for the warmer weather coming our way!

• Reply Susan Monday 21 March, 2011 at 7:23 pm

These are wonderful. A refreshment before the rest of the afternoon!

• Reply Eva @ Four Leaf Clover Monday 21 March, 2011 at 7:34 pm

This is so pretty and just overall amazing! I cannot wait for the fields to be covered in flowers and the super warm weather.

• Reply Alice Monday 21 March, 2011 at 7:45 pm

woah what a great visual! LOVE THIS.

• Reply Sarah Morgan Monday 21 March, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Wow, what a lovely collection! Such beautiful pictures. I live in Boston, and I certainly wish our spring would look like your North section!

• Reply Cassi Monday 21 March, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Love this post! I’m in California and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring (technically Spring began yesterday according to the calendar, but it’s stormy and cold still!), and this post reminds me of why it is so cool to be part of the international blog community. I love Autumn, but I’m glad for sunny weather ahead…and sandals. :)

• Reply Danica Monday 21 March, 2011 at 9:13 pm

How do you create the font to have an image in it’s background?

• Reply Mary Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 12:18 am

My 2 favorite seasons! This is lovely – could look at it all day:)

• Reply Belinda Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 1:30 am

I’d love a year full of summer! But I would miss the boots and the crunchy leaves of autumn. And those snuggly beds.

• Reply avalonne hall Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 1:40 am

This is perfection.

• Reply Brittan Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 2:19 am

yes, Im dying for the summer and warmer weather! haha. Your southern collage is totally turning me off, lol.

• Reply Jessica Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 3:38 am

I am beyond ready for spring after a looooong winter, but your images of autumn make me feel better that the warm weather won’t last forever.

• Reply Bec Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 4:18 am

Melbourne (Australia) skipped summer this year… which is a bit sad, but really lovely to have something ‘for the south’

• Reply alice Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 4:34 am

i love this collage… now, spring hurry hurry please thank you

• Reply Monique Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 6:14 am

I’m a northerner and so looking forward to ice cream cones and beach days! Lovely collage!

• Reply Miss Moss Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 6:21 am

conversely we have had a long, hot summer. too long and too hot in my opinion – very ready for winter!

(need to REPRESENT… where are all the southerners??)

• Reply mallix Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 8:35 am

wonderful post diana – well done :)

• Reply Giselle Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 9:36 am

i love summer, but you sure do make winter look appealing. great selection of photos.

• Reply Lisa Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 10:40 am

Beautiful post! My two favourite seasons – Autumn and Spring. Longing for the cooler weather and all the lovely things that go with it. Today is a little hint of things to come…. :) xx

• Reply joelle Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 12:05 pm

after having grown up in a semi-tropical climate, it’s so great to finally experience all the seasons and actually have spring & summer to look forward to. winter seemed especially brutal this year, so bring on the heat!

lovely post, as always.

• Reply Katie Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 1:21 pm

love the post Dee – and hopefully see you later this week… :-)

• Reply matita Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Lovely post! I’m getting into Spring and can’t barely wait for Summer. I ready to give up on scarves and fireplaces for now.=)

• Reply Wendy Tuesday 22 March, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Aww … such snuggly pictures … just love the look of this post. Thanks for the reminder that summer has all but disappeared and the weather man keeps lying to boot.

• Reply frauc. Thursday 24 March, 2011 at 5:34 pm

i follow manu, yes! we’re still having summery temperatures here in Buenos Aires.

• Reply courtney Friday 25 March, 2011 at 5:43 pm

being from northern usa i am anxiously awaiting the spring, but your autumn choices have actually made me miss the fall…

• Reply Faberuna Friday 25 March, 2011 at 10:36 pm

So stunning! Want ice cream now…

• Reply fathima Friday 25 March, 2011 at 11:00 pm

What an exquisitely beautiful post <3

• Reply Jessica | Destined to Design Friday 25 March, 2011 at 11:29 pm

You are truly a graphical genius, Diana.

• Reply Kingsley Friday 25 March, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Great post, thanks for sharing!

• Reply Carley Fay Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Greetings from Australia, down in Victoria not far from Melbourne where it is getting colder everyday, darker in the mornings and an extra layer is finally needed.

Fantastic post by you!