I’d rather dance with you

thanks to lance for reminding me of this brilliant video. i was just reliving this song the other day, particularly these lyrics:

Even if I could hear what you said
I doubt my reply would be interesting for you to hear
Because I haven’t read a single book all year
And the only film I saw, I didn’t like it at all

i’m sure those of you who are socially awkward can relate! if i go to a party these days i’ll get a few drinks in me and hit the dance floor as soon as possible. it breaks down so many barriers, eh? plus it’s fun.

happy friday all – hope you get some dancing in.

, , ,

17 Responses to I’d rather dance with you

1. annie Friday 25 March, 2011 at 6:44 pm #

yay! i love love love the kings of convenience—but never saw this video before. must fill weekend with their music. and dancing too, of course… teehee. have a lovely day!

2. alyson Friday 25 March, 2011 at 7:34 pm #

I love this song – and video!!

3. Ruta Friday 25 March, 2011 at 8:08 pm #

I do it too! So cool

4. Eva @ Four Leaf Clover Friday 25 March, 2011 at 8:18 pm #

This is awesome!! How have I not seen this before?! I LOVE Kings of Convenience and this is my favorite song of theirs! You are amazing Diana, thank you!!

5. jim Friday 25 March, 2011 at 10:50 pm #

I swear they had a different video with him dancing through rooms and no ballet vibe.

6. jim Friday 25 March, 2011 at 10:56 pm #

can’t find it. must be confused :P great band, song, video.

7. Jordan Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 12:40 am #

Ah thank you for this reminder! The song was perfect for my friday afternoon.

8. Burke Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 2:00 am #

I like the song… But more the video! Its great! Really funny! Thank you for sharing it!

9. Marta Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 2:50 am #

I really like the song! and i’ve never seen the video before. it’s nice:D

Marta @ An Interesting Distraction

10. tom tuttle from tacoma Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 9:43 am #

love his locks and glasses! and his dance moves, haha.

11. Lance James Daniels Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

If everyone listened to Kings of Convenience or Whitest Boy Alive all of the time, there would be a lot more super chilled, smiling people in the world :)

Spread the word. Spread the love.

12. baileyblush Saturday 26 March, 2011 at 6:03 pm #

This is so amazing! I have listened to this song for years now, but had never seen the video! So sweet, so quirky, so funny!

13. Wayne Smith Sunday 27 March, 2011 at 1:09 pm #

Delightful video, just made me laugh out loud.

14. Cassi Sunday 27 March, 2011 at 6:43 pm #

Oh gosh, how funny! I stumbled upon a website the other day where people post mix tapes they’ve created and give their mixes hilarious titles, and I saw this song on one of the mixes that made me laugh, so I listened to it on youtube and LOVED it! The guys are from Norway, which is especially awesome…

15. hila Monday 28 March, 2011 at 7:14 am #

oh yes, I can definitely relate!

p.s. I’ve tagged you on my blog, see my latest post :)

16. Naftali Stern @ The Bohmerian Thursday 31 March, 2011 at 4:32 pm #

That was rather refreshing!! Thanks for sharing.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. I’D RATHER DANCE WITH YOU « JIMMY BUFFALO - Friday 30 March, 2012

[...] Miss Moss, here. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. music ← Previous [...]