Achnacarry

achnacarry castle is in scotland (in case you couldn’t guess by the name) – these photographs are by michael prince and were taken with a hasselblad 503cx. i know three things from these photos: 1. michael prince is talented 2. they instantly made me think of my grandmother and 3. i really want a hasselblad.

all photographs by michael prince

, , , , , ,

15 Responses to Achnacarry

1. steph Wednesday 30 March, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

oh wow, stunning!

2. andrea Wednesday 30 March, 2011 at 3:37 pm #

These are so stunning – the color palette is just unreal..

3. Flora Wednesday 30 March, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

I love all of these pictures :D especially the first one :)

4. sami Wednesday 30 March, 2011 at 3:53 pm #

so damn haunting! it reminds me of that movie “the others”

xo
    sami

5. ap Wednesday 30 March, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

Beautiful pictures… I’m from Scotland and my family have a holiday house in the highlands full of hand-me-down furniture and homewares from relatives and friends… a few of those pictures could be lifted straight from childhood holidays there, particularly the twin beds with pink bedcovers and soft headboards, the huge AGA in the kitchen and the old pram in the garden. What a lovely trip down memory lane!

6. Ismay Wednesday 30 March, 2011 at 10:01 pm #

1. I love Scotland 2. These are fantastic 3. I really really want a Hasselblad…

7. Belinda Wednesday 30 March, 2011 at 11:32 pm #

These photos are great. Gee, a great camera makes a HUGE difference doesn’t it?

Is it just me or does this place look like it would smell a bit like mothballs?

8. wendy Thursday 31 March, 2011 at 1:36 am #

A lovely & inspiring photo update indeed!
    I would like to live in all of these pictures.
    xoxo

-Wendy

9. {gemmifer} Thursday 31 March, 2011 at 4:46 am #

A great photo series!

A college classmate of mine had a Hasselblad, and all of us other photo majors drooled over it constantly. I still dream of owning one, plus a Leica M series to keep it company. Now I just need to win the lottery…

10. vt Thursday 31 March, 2011 at 5:06 am #

love (just wanted to mention this. actually only typed “love,” but the comment thingee said i had to say more; so, also, may i note that you have a particularly fine eye. happy to meet you.) vt

11. Greta Thursday 31 March, 2011 at 10:06 am #

There is a special quality of silence that these photos possess… I have been reading about how the scientist Michael Pupin, who, in order to better understand the writings of J.C. Maxwell, spent a summer in the Highlands, here is a page about it, on the offchance anyone wants to read of the magic of Scotland: http://books.google.com/books?id=uY-93i9T9UAC&pg=PA214&dq=pupin+from+immigrant+to+inventor+highlands&hl=en&ei=wzWUTfTsJIiv4Ab194yvDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

12. florence Friday 1 April, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

these are great! especially the second and third image… hasselblads are amazing, my friend gets the best photos with hers.

13. Kelly Wednesday 6 April, 2011 at 4:15 am #

thank you for sharing and oh my gosh I want a hasselblad too!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Haunted castle? « My friend's house - Tuesday 12 April, 2011

[...] Prince’s photographs of Achnacarry Castle, found via the lovely Miss Moss blog, seem to be alluding to horror films. [...]

2. Pink + Green « - Saturday 30 April, 2011

[...] photo after this girl’s heart, I spotted this pink and green wonder over at Miss Moss the other day, taken by Michael Prince inside Achnacarry Castle in Scotland. Though, really, I [...]