r:mx
Music

R/MX

perhaps you have noticed a common thread that pulls together most of the mixes so far… there is usually always a remix in there somewhere. i simply love them, and experience a serious thrill every time i discover one of my favourite artists has been remixed –  especially when it’s done in a creative way. i also find myself tolerating some commercial music that i wouldn’t usually listen to when it’s been treated to a great remix (ahem-britney spears-ahem)

so why not an entire mix dedicated to them, mmm? i knew this mix had to be kind of upbeat because of the debbie downer situation i probably put everyone into with ships in the night, and there’s nothing like an unexpected take on a favourite song to put people in a good mood.

R/MX. listen above or on 8tracks. playlist:

1. Bob Dylan – Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I’ll Go Mine) (Mark Ronson Remix)
  2. Rolling Stones – Sympathy For The Devil (Neptunes Remix)
  3. Lykke Li – I Follow Rivers (Dave Sitek Remix)
  4. Arcade Fire vs Blondie – Sprawl Of Glass (The Hood Internet Remix)
  5. Daft Punk vs Yeah Yeah Yeahs – World Maps (Along Came Jones Edit)
  6. Goldfrapp – Happiness (Metronomy Remix ft The Teenagers)
  7. Phoenix – Fences (Poindexter Remix)
  8. Grizzly Bear – Knife (DJ Battlecat’s Feel The Beat Remix)
  9. CSS – Let’s Make Love and Listen to Death From Above (Spank Rock Remix)
  10. M.I.A. – Paper Planes (DFA Remix)
  11. The Shins – Australia (Peter Bjorn & John Remix)
  12. The Black Keys – Everlasting Light (The Mummers Remix)
  13. The Flaming Lips – Do You Realize? (Postal Service Remix)
  14. The Postal Service – Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)
  15. Radiohead – Nude (Holy Fuck Remix)
  16. Michael Jackson vs Telepopmusik – Remember The Time (Sleeper Heartbroken Remix)

ps: a couple of these might be considered mash-ups, but i think of them in the same way. this was also extremely difficult to cut down to a workable size. expect a volume 2 and 3 in the future.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Mallory Friday 1 April, 2011 at 7:35 am

I know this will be good and I haven’t even listened to it yet. I downloaded Sprawl of Glass off of some music blog or another a week or so ago and I’ve listened to it many-many-many times since then.

• Reply bianca of terri planty Friday 1 April, 2011 at 7:51 am

that cat / mix is a happy combination. thanks for making me smile.

• Reply Giselle Friday 1 April, 2011 at 8:24 am

whoo-hoo! love it

• Reply Sarah Friday 1 April, 2011 at 8:31 am

Ahhh this is such a great mix, thank you! I love the Shins/Peter Bjorn and John one. And the album cover is pretty stupendous too of course!

My favourite mixes right now are Adele with Gnarls Barkley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuQCqCdZZ-s) and with the XX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjiswvTXdzA). I highly recommend them! Volume 2 perhaps?

• Reply Patricia Friday 1 April, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Thanks! This is great!

And you must have the coolest blog…just stumbled across this the other day…seriously, well done!

• Reply wendy Friday 1 April, 2011 at 12:31 pm

You had me at amazing cat photo, but then you really had me at amazing mix.

P.S. Thanks for all the blog reposting lately (my Palm Springs Mix & breakfast photo)!!!!
    I totally appreciate it & I think you & your blog are both amazing and inspirational.
    xoxoxoxoxo

-Wendy

P.P.S. Don’t know if you saw the photos of my kittens in the Palm Springs album, but I kind of feel like my grey cat is going to look exactly like this when he grows up (at least I hope so).

• Reply Sally Friday 1 April, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Ohh good, I love the remixes in your mixes (especially that Beach Boys one!). I’m a HUGE fan of expertly-done mashups and was even thinking of devoting a mix of my own to them in the future. Can’t wait to listen to this, thanks!

• Reply Ola Friday 1 April, 2011 at 3:33 pm

great as usual, especially the Rolling Stones one stole my heart. Besides THAT CAT.

love

• Reply ew Friday 1 April, 2011 at 4:41 pm

i don’t know what it is about a good cover/remix/mashup that is so fun…
    great job on the flaminlips by the postal service to such great heights transition.

more mixes please!

• Reply ariane Friday 1 April, 2011 at 4:44 pm

how great is that! i wanted to do a mixtape like this a week ago, but didn’t find the time and then forgot about it, and yours is perfect. thanks!

• Reply Miki Friday 1 April, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I can’t wait to listen to this! I’m traveling and was seriously in need of a new playlist. I’ve been following you since you posted ’10 of 2010′ and really look forward to your playlists. Yours and the ones my boyfriend makes me are the only playlists on my iTunes – haha! Thank you!

• Reply Caitlin Rose Friday 1 April, 2011 at 4:57 pm

thank you Miss Moss, you give me nice little presents every morning it seems!

• Reply R/MX by Miss Moss « Sea & Skylark Friday 1 April, 2011 at 5:25 pm

[…] over to Miss Moss to download the mix and read […]

• Reply Ismay Friday 1 April, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Diana, I love you. This has been brightening up my afternoon no end!

• Reply kc Friday 1 April, 2011 at 8:55 pm

love. loves. loved. loving. thx, miss moss. ;)

• Reply miss crowland Friday 1 April, 2011 at 9:36 pm

fantastic cover! sometimes you have to go with the path of least resistance.

• Reply minor keys Saturday 2 April, 2011 at 12:33 am

Miss Moss, your mixtapes are really phenomenal, I loved Ships in the Night and had it on replay for awhile. Looking forward to this one!!

• Reply the danish girl Saturday 2 April, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Great mix! And awesome cover that still has me smiling :) Really enjoy reading your blog!

best wishes, Lise – the danish girl

• Reply Jordana Sunday 3 April, 2011 at 6:33 pm

love how Paper Planes made it into this remix. nice.

• Reply Lolawashername.com Monday 4 April, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Can I just say that I’ve been nonstop listening/LOVING R/MX? Back to back Dylan and Stones remixed? You seriously ROCK. xo Lola

• Reply lena Wednesday 6 April, 2011 at 11:05 pm

i loooooove the mix!! thanks!!