perhaps you have noticed a common thread that pulls together most of the mixes so far… there is usually always a remix in there somewhere. i simply love them, and experience a serious thrill every time i discover one of my favourite artists has been remixed – especially when it’s done in a creative way. i also find myself tolerating some commercial music that i wouldn’t usually listen to when it’s been treated to a great remix (ahem-britney spears-ahem)
so why not an entire mix dedicated to them, mmm? i knew this mix had to be kind of upbeat because of the debbie downer situation i probably put everyone into with ships in the night, and there’s nothing like an unexpected take on a favourite song to put people in a good mood.
R/MX. download it here. playlist:
- Bob Dylan - Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I’ll Go Mine) (Mark Ronson Remix)
- Rolling Stones – Sympathy For The Devil (Neptunes Remix)
- Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers (Dave Sitek Remix)
- Arcade Fire vs Blondie - Sprawl Of Glass (The Hood Internet Remix)
- Daft Punk vs Yeah Yeah Yeahs - World Maps (Along Came Jones Edit)
- Goldfrapp - Happiness (Metronomy Remix ft The Teenagers)
- Phoenix - Fences (Poindexter Remix)
- Grizzly Bear - Knife (DJ Battlecat’s Feel The Beat Remix)
- CSS - Let’s Make Love and Listen to Death From Above (Spank Rock Remix)
- M.I.A. - Paper Planes (DFA Remix)
- The Shins - Australia (Peter Bjorn & John Remix)
- The Black Keys - Everlasting Light (The Mummers Remix)
- The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize? (Postal Service Remix)
- The Postal Service - Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)
- Radiohead - Nude (Holy Fuck Remix)
- Michael Jackson vs Telepopmusik - Remember The Time (Sleeper Heartbroken Remix)
ps: a couple of these might be considered mash-ups, but i think of them in the same way. this was also extremely difficult to cut down to a workable size. expect a volume 2 and 3 in the future.
pps: i fiddled with a few album covers, but in the end that cat took 2 minutes to put together – and won.
all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!