i wasn’t sure how to write this introduction about kate without sounding like a fan-girl nut job. i’ve been reading for me, for you for as long as i have been reading blogs (and chances are you do too.) hers was one of the first to go into my reader when i figured out what rss feeds were – a glorious day, that was. i live vicariously through her bits of my weekend posts and i’d like to pretend that wendy would actually like me if i ever met her (cat cuddles?)
- No. 6 Huarache Clogs: I already own one pair of No. 6 clogs, but why stop at one pair? This new style makes me weak in the knees.
- Clam Lab handmade tableware. I love the ritual of drinking coffee every morning, made even better by a pretty mug.
- Cover Song Archive: A new project from the folks at Booooooom I’m stoked about because I’m mildly obsessed with finding and making cover songs.
- Obsessive plant hoarding. Since moving into an apartment with huge bay windows, not to mention now living in a climate that plants love, plant hoarding has become way too easy for my boyfriend and I.
- Maple Sours. A drink I like to unwind with after a long day that involves whiskey, maple syrup, and meyer lemon juice.
- José González – I want to put his music in my mouth it’s so good. Does that make sense? I kind of feel the same way about kittens…
- J Crew forever cardigans. I’m not one of those bloggers that gushes over J Crew like it’s the best thing since sliced bread that you’ve never seen if every mall in America, but their forever cardigans are the SHIT. They come in amazing colors, are the perfect length, are super lightweight, and worth every penny. Smoldering brick is an awesome color.
- Tortoise General Store. My favorite store here in Venice, full of Japanese goodies that make me want things I never knew I needed, like a tiny porcelain spoon (for stirring my coffee in my pretty mug, natch.)
- This live Talking Heads video that Stephanie sent me when I was feeling down. You can’t watch David Byrne dance and still feel down, it’s not possible.
- Coming up for breath once in a while in life and telling all the wonderful people in your life that you love them. Sometimes we get a little too caught up in our own silly things to remember to do this. Diana and I actually discussed this need recently, so I thought I’d toss this in here as a reminder to you. (photo by Claire Griffiths)
did you watch that talking heads video? do it now.