17 it was a good day
Music

It was a good day

mid-month music mix is here. there’s no rhyme or reason to this one, just a bunch of tunes i have been enjoying & playing to death lately. i decided not to over think it this time round. truth.

It was a good day. playlist:

1. Fleet Foxes – Lorelai
  2. The Wilderness of Manitoba – Orono Park
  3. Field – Sunday (Field is now known as Auditorium)
  4. The Beatles – Michelle
  5. Miriam Makeba – The Click Song
  6. The Velvet Underground – Sunday Morning
  7. Tenacious D – Fuck Her Gently
  8. Ice Cube – Today Was A Good Day
  9. Funkdoobiest – Rock On
  10. Pixies – Havalina
  11. Paul Simon – 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover (Pollyn’s Re-Edit Remix)
  12. TV On The Radio – Killer Crane
  13. Broken Social Scene – Swimmers
  14. The Chemical Brothers – Asleep from Day
  15. The Mutato Muzika Orchestra – Hey Jude

all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply amy Monday 18 April, 2011 at 8:12 am

i can’t thank you enough for this – been so down this weekend and in desperate need of a tiramisu (pickmeup)!
    x

• Reply Miss Moss Monday 18 April, 2011 at 8:18 am

well i hope this manages to cheer you up even a little bit!

• Reply Siri Monday 18 April, 2011 at 8:56 am

Tenacious D!!

(I just tried to post that and it told me my comment was too short haha. Really, that’s all I had to say…but I’m telling you about it so it will let me post heh!)

• Reply Hannah Monday 18 April, 2011 at 9:04 am

I get so excited every time you post one of these – you’ve introduced me to so much good new (to me) music! Thank you so much for taking the time to do them.

• Reply Fuffi Monday 18 April, 2011 at 9:18 am

Just want to thank you for making this Numero Uno blog !! :)

Have a nice day!

:O)

/F

• Reply Laura Monday 18 April, 2011 at 10:05 am

ooh a new mix, can’t wait to download it later!

• Reply mallix Monday 18 April, 2011 at 12:41 pm

This guy I know used to hook up his guitar and amp in the middle of the road in Swellendam and blast “Fuck her Gently” to the neighborhood on Sunday mornings. Good times.

• Reply leslie hammons Monday 18 April, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Love your mixes, thank you! Spent some time in your part of the world last year. So gorgeous!

• Reply Sophie Monday 18 April, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Oh no it isn’t working!
    Could just be my computer? But maybe not? Hmm…

• Reply Miss Moss Monday 18 April, 2011 at 3:24 pm

hi sophia, i haven’t been told by any one else that it isn’t working & i just checked on the file… everything seems to be fine.

here’s the direct link (in case you clicked on something else…)

• Reply design elements Monday 18 April, 2011 at 4:04 pm

love your mixes!

• Reply Gwendolyn Monday 18 April, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Hi Diana-I just found your blog and I love your approach and thank you for the mix.

• Reply Feminine Touch Monday 18 April, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Great mix.
    I think that Sofia Coppola could choose it for a new movie :)

• Reply Ashton Monday 18 April, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I always love your music mixes. Thanks for sharing :)

• Reply Threading In The Choirs Monday 18 April, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Great mix there!
    Here’s one for you: http://mllr.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/spring-music/

• Reply biginmyhead Monday 18 April, 2011 at 10:04 pm

What a surprise…You’ve made my day!

• Reply Marjolein Monday 18 April, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Lovely as allways! Thank you for introducing me to The Wilderness of Manitoba!

• Reply Eva @ Four Leaf Clover Monday 18 April, 2011 at 11:40 pm

If it starts with a Fleet Foxes song, that the rest must be good!

• Reply kristin Monday 18 April, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Great mix! I always find new music through these. Thanks!

• Reply florence Tuesday 19 April, 2011 at 5:48 am

your mixes = a good day for me!

• Reply Luca Tuesday 19 April, 2011 at 1:13 pm

The fact that you included that BSS gem makes my day :)

• Reply Amber Tuesday 19 April, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I’m having issues downloading as well. I always get your mixes and never have any trouble. Not sure whats going on today. No problem though- just wanted to give you the heads up. Thanks!

• Reply caroline Tuesday 19 April, 2011 at 10:17 pm

yesss. can’t wait to have a listen to this eclectic mix!

• Reply fabio Thursday 21 April, 2011 at 9:30 am

Excellent playlist Diana, one of my favourites. It has taken me from work to home and back again and wishing it was Sunday morning, with coffee and good company, watching the sea and letting the day unfold. The inclusion of Tenacious D’s ‘Fuck Her Gently’, is a stroke of genius.

• Reply jacquelyn Thursday 21 April, 2011 at 3:44 pm

great mix! and the inclusion of fuck her gently is just.. perfect.

• Reply EmElle Tuesday 26 April, 2011 at 12:57 am

This is super! Thanks so much!!

• Reply Swan Wednesday 27 April, 2011 at 7:38 am

Hey there. Me and a friend were just listening to your playlist “It Was a Good Day” and we were thinking it reminded us of “The Royal Tenenbaums.” Of course, probably affected by our recent viewing of the film. But it was beautiful, thank you.

• Reply paige Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 12:17 am

wonderful wonderful wonderful.

• Reply ann Saturday 30 April, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Thanks for sharing! ;) i dont really know all the music but hope to discover it! ;)