Bits of my (long) weekend

one of the best things about this past long, long glorious amazing easter weekend was that i “forced” myself to take my camera around with me. truth is, i’m a lazy photographer. i’m bad at documenting things – something i really should be doing because my memory fails me on an almost daily basis.

so i was thrilled when kate asked me to contribute a post to her new bits of my weekend guest series. kate’s bits of my weekend posts are just one of the many reasons i love her blog, and every single time monday rolls around and she shares her photos i think dang it, why don’t i take more photos? check out my guest post here.

here are a couple of outtakes, these were shot in a little vintagey bric-a-brac shop called sunshine trading at the old harbour in kleinmond (a town next to betty’s bay.) if you’ve ever cruised the coastal road between hermanus and gordon’s bay you’ve probably stopped in there. and if you haven’t – you should. i was pretty close to buying that crying girl print. but it was kind of steep at R850, and i wasn’t sure if i could handle her sad face staring down at me all the time, eyes-a-quiver. someone go get her!

ps: see the rest of my weekend photos at flickr

, , , , , ,

16 Responses to Bits of my (long) weekend

1. Gabija Wednesday 27 April, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

I missed your blog a lot:)

2. Juliet Wednesday 27 April, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

Cool pictures. It’s nice to see more of your photography but i know what you mean – it’s a struggle to keep it up and forcing yourself can take the fun out of it. Looks like you had a nice long weekend. Think you made the right decision leaving the crying girl behind! A little creepy!
    x

3. hila Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 6:22 am #

I’m so lazy when it comes to taking pictures and carrying my camera with me, so I can relate. But these photos are proof that you need to force yourself more often, they’re great.

p.s. awesome guest post.

4. hélène Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 9:32 am #

oh nice that you’re back! I love following your blog, so much beautiful and diverse inspiration.

that second photo in your last post (the need supply co’s spring catalog)- I completely fell for and it made my weekend.

also I agree, awesome guest post.

thank you!

5. Curious Constellation Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 11:10 am #

I can see why you would have wanted to buy that print. wow.

Your photo’s are amazing btw, you should definitely force yourself to carry around a camera more often (:

6. Geneviève Bjargardóttir Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

such pretty tones through all these! may i ask which camera you use?

• Miss Moss Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

these were all taken with a nikon D300 & 50mm lens, but i also use a canon G10. both fantastic cameras.

7. Jenna Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 2:27 pm #

Love that pic of the little kid in the bubbles! So cute! I’m a Lazy photographer too! Don’t! worry! It happens to the best of us :)

8. bre Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

Your guest post made me drool with envy – photography mission accomplished!

9. Ashley Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

Off-topic: I know you’re a Parks and Recreation fan. Have you seen this?

http://tomhaverfoods.com/ (you have to keep refreshing the page)

• Miss Moss Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 4:06 pm #

hahaha, thanks. so great.

10. Thaya Thursday 28 April, 2011 at 5:41 pm #

I’ve got the ‘Crying Boy’ – would you like it? We can do a swap! Someday you might find some vintage cups or something that I like?!

11. laura Friday 29 April, 2011 at 11:55 pm #

You take beautiful photos, you should definitely share them more often! I’m the opposite and seem to take my camera everywhere, my hard drive is filling up way too fast!

12. Nadia - Cupcake Couture Saturday 30 April, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

Lovely photos – nice to see what you are up to. x

13. Sarah Tuesday 3 May, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

My dear friend got married in Betty’s Bay two May’s ago. It’s a beautiful time of year to be in SA. Wish I could be back…

14. florence Friday 6 May, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

lovely photos and guest post! it looks like such a magical place and you captured it so well… (can you tell that i’m catching up on your blog with all my commenting :)