it’s a new month – music mix time. i know things have been kind of slow on the blog lately, but i’m totally blaming it on the mass of public holidays we’ve had around here. been having too much fun offline during the holiday time – as i’m sure is the case with many of you south africans. that’s actually why this mix is 2 days late. how embarrassing.
i have been wanting to make a compilation that included a creedence clearwater revival edit / remix for ages now. there was a nice response to R/MX … so i guess this is like a R/MX Vol. 02.
must thank greta who sent me the nico remix. i try not to have too many repeats around here but it’s a pretty cool take on these days. it’s ever so slightly hit and miss in places, but i still couldn’t resist putting it in. the owner of a lonely heart edit is admittedly just sort of… a better version of the original. oh i love it. it stays.
also need to take this opportunity to make a shout out to a reader who emailed asking if i could perhaps create a mix that would help mend her recently broken heart. i hope you are feeling better and that this mix will help cheer you up a bit (even though adele features…) well, perhaps it will make you dance long enough to forget your troubles!
Through the Jungle. playlist:
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Down On the Corner (Emynd Drum Edit)
- Feist – I Feel It All (Escort Remix)
- Fever Ray – Seven (The Twelves Remix)
- Leann Grimes – Old Bodies Slip When They Make Love (remix of The Morning Benders)
- Missy Elliott – Hot (Ratatat Remix)
- Charlotte Gainsbourg – The Operation (25 Hours A Day Remix)
- Adele – Rolling in the deep (Villa Remix)
- Yes – Owner of Lonely Heart (Disco Syndicate’s no owner edit)
- Peter Bjorn & John – Second Chance (RAC Mix)
- Dolly Parton – 9 To 5 (Butch Le Butch Remix)
- Nico – These Days (Shinichi Osawa Edit)
- Fleetwood Mac – Everywhere (Psychemagik Edit)
ps: i cut that dolly parton remix down, here’s the original which is 8 minutes long – if you can handle it (i know i can)
cover image courtesy of sighs and whispers
all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!