Living

Let’s live here

spotted Château de Moissac on Desire to inspire and it made me go uurrrrggghhhhnnnnnnn whhhhyyyyy! what kind of torture is this?? why is this not MY château! damn the world! – etc.

Built in a hill-top village, a refuge for lovers of ancient stones…In the early 17th century, the Château de Moissac-Bellevue was a residence dedicated to relaxation, owned by a noble family from Provence. Sober, patrimonial, remarkable, with its monumental entrance, vast drawing-rooms and dining-rooms opening out to the gardens, its imposing kitchen, its bedrooms and bathrooms extending upwards to the attics, the building was rewarded for its exemplary restoration in June 2008 by the “Prix des Vieilles Maisons Françaises” sponsored by Emile Garcin.

(i’d get rid of all those chandeliers though)

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Siubhan Friday 13 May, 2011 at 12:30 pm

My goodness – it looks so perfect it’s almost hard to believe that it’s real at all… The light is amazing and I love the stone walls. It’s beautiful.

Maybe a bit of a chilly chateau when it snows though, no? (I’m just trying to find its bad point…)

• Reply Emma-Jane Friday 13 May, 2011 at 2:29 pm

ah. it’s like a dream. reminds me so much of ‘A good year’ .. *sigh. I need find a way to retire early and live in a place like this for the rest of my life. :) definitely something to strive towards..

beautiful post (as usual) x

• Reply Den Friday 13 May, 2011 at 4:55 pm

those staircases are incredible

• Reply daria Friday 13 May, 2011 at 5:10 pm

wow, this is dreamy!

• Reply florence Friday 13 May, 2011 at 5:33 pm

what light! and that cozy fireplace… this actually looks like a very livable château!

• Reply andrea Friday 13 May, 2011 at 7:11 pm

the photographs of the interior look like paintings! beautiful…

• Reply Simone Leblanc Friday 13 May, 2011 at 10:21 pm

UM. When can I move in? Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply scout & pine Saturday 14 May, 2011 at 5:31 am

This is totally dreamy and reminds me of this Jean Cocteau film I saw a few years ago. I wish I remembered the name of it!
    Anyways, I wouldn’t mind having picnics on that gigantic lawn every morning.

• Reply scout & pine Saturday 14 May, 2011 at 5:42 am

I finally found the French Film that this house reminds me of (mostly the garden & giant staircase)
    It’s called ‘Last Yeat at Marienbad,’ made by Alain Resnais.

Gorgeous.

• Reply Madeline Monday 16 May, 2011 at 9:05 am

Is this a hotel now? A museum? Open to the public?

• Reply Monday Snax | Little Stories Monday 16 May, 2011 at 5:39 pm

[…] Let’s Live Here. I mean, duh. Lush French chateaus for everyone! (Miss Moss) […]

• Reply Sweet Freak Friday 20 May, 2011 at 5:45 pm