Long Bach Nguyen

the work of pilot & photographer Long Nguyen made me so jealous i almost punched my computer. kidding! kind of. after spending an age looking at his incredible photographs i had such a feeling of gratitude for the fact that he’s shared them, giving us a veritable bird’s eye view into his world.

As a professional pilot based in Seattle, Long spends most of his time crisscrossing the western United States … Flying provides him the opportunity to capture unusual views of the landscape, spectacular weather formations and other fresh perspectives few photographers ever experience. A self taught photographer, Long’s philosophy is to keep the image true to its original and to find the beauty in the subject. He likes to keep images clean, crisp and simple so they can tell the story in a single look.

read more about Long here and be sure to visit his website, online portfolio and flickr stream

ps: if you like aerial photography, check out Eyes Over Africa. also, spot the Twin Peaks shot.

, , , , , , ,

14 Responses to Long Bach Nguyen

1. Cathleen Monday 23 May, 2011 at 12:48 am #

Ahh the only twin peaks shot I can imagine must be the image of the waterfall..Is that the Great Northern nearby? :D

2. Sam Monday 23 May, 2011 at 7:35 am #

Holy wow! I love how aerial photography often reminds me of ‘cloud watching’ in that I can always find shapes of different things in the landscapes. Photo #3 reminds me of ballerina legs and the last one is definitely a tree! Haha.

3. hila Monday 23 May, 2011 at 7:37 am #

holy moly! they look like surrealist paintings – actually, you know what they remind me of? you know that scene in ‘The English Patient’ when the Fiennes character flies over the desert and it looks so incredibly painterly and surreal? well, that’s what these remind me of.

4. Dianne Monday 23 May, 2011 at 5:57 pm #

love love love love

5. Ginta Monday 23 May, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

Absolutely amazing photos!
    Photos remind me how much I like to fly! :))

6. Niles Monday 23 May, 2011 at 7:37 pm #

These are absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing.

7. Amber Tuesday 24 May, 2011 at 9:58 am #

These photos are beautiful! It makes me want to visit these places so badly.

8. L Tuesday 24 May, 2011 at 12:42 pm #

Could you re-spell his last name on the title of the post? It’s NGUYEN, a very common Vietnamese last name.

L

• Miss Moss Tuesday 24 May, 2011 at 12:43 pm #

sorry, that’s my dyslexia coming through. it was not deliberate & no offence intended…

9. Anna Tuesday 24 May, 2011 at 10:04 pm #

I love someone capturing the unexpected art forms in nature. he nailed it

10. Priscella Wednesday 25 May, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

Wow, beautiful pictures! You’ve got a very pretty blog!

11. Francesca Sunday 29 May, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

Thanks for sharing,
    this images are stunning,
    maps and aerial view are a passion of mine, my final project at the University (textile design) was inspired by the same kind of images.
    This is my list of inspiring books:

AaVv (2002) Heaven and Hearth. Unseen by the Naked Eye. London: Phaidon Press

Harmon, Katharine (2004) Personal Geographies and Other Maps of the Imagination. New York: Princeton Architectural Press

Harmon, Katharine (2009) The Map as Art. Contemporary Artists Explore Cartography. New York: Princeton Architectural Press

Peake, Nigel (2008) Maps. Fields, Paths, Forests, Blocks, Places and Surrounds. Edinburgh: Analogue Books

I’m sure you’ll like them,

love your blog,