Carven Resort 2012

the Carven 2012 Resort Collection has completely swept me up into a frenzy of bowed shoes, neat collars and beautiful geographical and heidi-esque prints. too bad the model looks so unhappy, though. almost as if the creative director said to her, “listen – we need you to look as sad as possible. pretend that you hate the clothes! yeah that’s right… modelling these beautiful clothes really sucks.”

, , , ,

28 Responses to Carven Resort 2012

1. Kate Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 11:58 am #

love the map dress at the top! the best!

2. daria Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

these are absolutely spectacular! I must say you are my number one source of cool finds!

3. loulaVINTAGE Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

wow. gorgeous collection. those leather shorts are out of this world!
    now excuse me while i attach bows to the backs of all my heels.. x

4. Plutôt la vie de Melanie Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

What a lovely collection! Such pretty pieces! Good colours and shapes, I love! xx

5. Ting Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 2:37 pm #

Swoooon. This collection is perfect.

6. Jelanie Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

Gorgeous shoes! I love the bows

7. Frances Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

These are gorgeous – thank you for posting them. I was already in a swoon over the yellow pinafore style yellow dress … then I scrolled down to see the bow shoes … oh my! I’m heading off for a lie down to recover now!

8. Sage Parker Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

maybe i should just keep this to myself, but those shoes are just too much. every time i look at them i just stare at the shoes, i don’t even know what anyone was wearing.

9. Elise / Pennyweight Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

you are SO right! i am not a fan of that model but oh my, the collection is stunning.

10. véronique Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 5:48 pm #

Mon Dieu. The model looks so sad and so miserable that I cannot focus on the outfits. Bouououh. il feel bad for her and I want to drag her to the beach with me. Eat tons of carbohydrates and drink a bit too much. And feel young
    (but i still love your blog,though)

11. pamela Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 5:54 pm #

All.
    I love it all.

12. Sarah Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 7:38 pm #

I know this is all about the clothes but the shoes are what really grabs me! They are phenomenal!

<3 Sarah

13. mosey Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

ha, I totally agree… gorgeous clothes – sad model.

14. BC Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

Veronique & Mosey are right–why is this model so sad when she is wearing such exquisite clothes? While she is very beautiful, her expression is a distraction.

15. Vivi Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 10:56 pm #

Wow, the Alps t-shirt and dress are AMAZING!!!

16. Vivi Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 10:58 pm #

Haha, I just read all comments and have to say, I hadnt even noticed the really sad face of the model (clothes are visually more powerful!). She looks really depressed, I agree

17. Belinda Wednesday 6 July, 2011 at 1:04 am #

Oh yes. These are great. I love a sulky looking model.

Is it just me or are resort collections looking a bit less tropical than they have in past years?

18. Jaclyn Wednesday 6 July, 2011 at 1:09 am #

I love everything about this line. Each collection always has so many pieces I wish I could have. The little bows on the shoes are such an adorable touch.

19. HuntGatherFashion Wednesday 6 July, 2011 at 4:57 am #

The jackets! ahhhhhhhh!!! I love the jackets. AND the shoes?! I am gonna DIY me some bright orange bow shoes, yes I am.

20. {gemmifer} Wednesday 6 July, 2011 at 6:11 am #

I’ll take the skirt (dress?) in the left photo, second row, and the blue satchel on the left in the last photo, post haste.

21. Kerry Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 11:15 am #

I frikken love the shoes – ALLLLL of them! bows are super rad! :)

22. erin jane / atlantic treefox Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

so many beautiful pieces! i wish i could get my paws on them.

23. Natalie of Fashion Intel Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 8:16 pm #

I seriously love e v e r y single thing here.

24. rayanna Friday 8 July, 2011 at 5:59 am #

i love each and every one of these! thanks for sharing your find

25. florence Friday 8 July, 2011 at 11:40 pm #

ditto everyone else, i would LOVE to wear any and all of these! the proportions and colors/contrasts are gorgeous.

26. alison Saturday 9 July, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Those bowed shoes are better than milk and cookies!

27. Maria Monday 11 July, 2011 at 11:10 am #

love each and every piece – the coats, the dresses, the blouses, the shorts, the shoes! exquisite collection… oy, but I wonder, how can they have a model wearing these clothes – I mean there’s a bright canary yellow outfit – and be ok with such sad/miserable/empty expressions.. don’t need her smiling but hey, it’s distracting

28. Audrey Thursday 14 July, 2011 at 8:09 am #

Oh man, it’s so true. Models of high fashion are usually so unrelatable in look and expression 90% of the time. It’s really similar to the way I view interiors– I want things to look real and relatable, and I don’t get that from perfectly curated white couches OR stony faced models no matter how amazing the outfit.
    Also, loving the scrunchy theme throughout this collection, it’s so playful.