Fashion

Carven Resort 2012

the Carven 2012 Resort Collection has completely swept me up into a frenzy of bowed shoes, neat collars and beautiful geographical and heidi-esque prints. too bad the model looks so unhappy, though. almost as if the creative director said to her, “listen – we need you to look as sad as possible. pretend that you hate the clothes! yeah that’s right… modelling these beautiful clothes really sucks.”

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Kate Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 11:58 am

love the map dress at the top! the best!

• Reply daria Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 12:59 pm

these are absolutely spectacular! I must say you are my number one source of cool finds!

• Reply loulaVINTAGE Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 1:13 pm

wow. gorgeous collection. those leather shorts are out of this world!
    now excuse me while i attach bows to the backs of all my heels.. x

• Reply Plutôt la vie de Melanie Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 1:55 pm

What a lovely collection! Such pretty pieces! Good colours and shapes, I love! xx

• Reply Ting Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Swoooon. This collection is perfect.

• Reply Jelanie Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Gorgeous shoes! I love the bows

• Reply Frances Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 2:46 pm

These are gorgeous – thank you for posting them. I was already in a swoon over the yellow pinafore style yellow dress … then I scrolled down to see the bow shoes … oh my! I’m heading off for a lie down to recover now!

• Reply Sage Parker Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 3:08 pm

maybe i should just keep this to myself, but those shoes are just too much. every time i look at them i just stare at the shoes, i don’t even know what anyone was wearing.

• Reply Elise / Pennyweight Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 5:13 pm

you are SO right! i am not a fan of that model but oh my, the collection is stunning.

• Reply véronique Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Mon Dieu. The model looks so sad and so miserable that I cannot focus on the outfits. Bouououh. il feel bad for her and I want to drag her to the beach with me. Eat tons of carbohydrates and drink a bit too much. And feel young
    (but i still love your blog,though)

• Reply pamela Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 5:54 pm

All.
    I love it all.

• Reply Sarah Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I know this is all about the clothes but the shoes are what really grabs me! They are phenomenal!

<3 Sarah

• Reply mosey Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 9:01 pm

ha, I totally agree… gorgeous clothes – sad model.

• Reply BC Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Veronique & Mosey are right–why is this model so sad when she is wearing such exquisite clothes? While she is very beautiful, her expression is a distraction.

• Reply Vivi Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Wow, the Alps t-shirt and dress are AMAZING!!!

• Reply Vivi Tuesday 5 July, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Haha, I just read all comments and have to say, I hadnt even noticed the really sad face of the model (clothes are visually more powerful!). She looks really depressed, I agree

• Reply Belinda Wednesday 6 July, 2011 at 1:04 am

Oh yes. These are great. I love a sulky looking model.

Is it just me or are resort collections looking a bit less tropical than they have in past years?

• Reply Jaclyn Wednesday 6 July, 2011 at 1:09 am

I love everything about this line. Each collection always has so many pieces I wish I could have. The little bows on the shoes are such an adorable touch.

• Reply HuntGatherFashion Wednesday 6 July, 2011 at 4:57 am

The jackets! ahhhhhhhh!!! I love the jackets. AND the shoes?! I am gonna DIY me some bright orange bow shoes, yes I am.

• Reply {gemmifer} Wednesday 6 July, 2011 at 6:11 am

I’ll take the skirt (dress?) in the left photo, second row, and the blue satchel on the left in the last photo, post haste.

• Reply Kerry Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 11:15 am

I frikken love the shoes – ALLLLL of them! bows are super rad! :)

• Reply erin jane / atlantic treefox Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 1:58 pm

so many beautiful pieces! i wish i could get my paws on them.

• Reply Natalie of Fashion Intel Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I seriously love e v e r y single thing here.

• Reply rayanna Friday 8 July, 2011 at 5:59 am

i love each and every one of these! thanks for sharing your find

• Reply florence Friday 8 July, 2011 at 11:40 pm

ditto everyone else, i would LOVE to wear any and all of these! the proportions and colors/contrasts are gorgeous.

• Reply alison Saturday 9 July, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Those bowed shoes are better than milk and cookies!

• Reply Maria Monday 11 July, 2011 at 11:10 am

love each and every piece – the coats, the dresses, the blouses, the shorts, the shoes! exquisite collection… oy, but I wonder, how can they have a model wearing these clothes – I mean there’s a bright canary yellow outfit – and be ok with such sad/miserable/empty expressions.. don’t need her smiling but hey, it’s distracting

• Reply Audrey Thursday 14 July, 2011 at 8:09 am

Oh man, it’s so true. Models of high fashion are usually so unrelatable in look and expression 90% of the time. It’s really similar to the way I view interiors– I want things to look real and relatable, and I don’t get that from perfectly curated white couches OR stony faced models no matter how amazing the outfit.
    Also, loving the scrunchy theme throughout this collection, it’s so playful.