Carven Resort 2012

the Carven 2012 Resort Collection has completely swept me up into a frenzy of bowed shoes, neat collars and beautiful geographical and heidi-esque prints. too bad the model looks so unhappy, though. almost as if the creative director said to her, “listen – we need you to look as sad as possible. pretend that you hate the clothes! yeah that’s right… modelling these beautiful clothes really sucks.”

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. says

These are gorgeous – thank you for posting them. I was already in a swoon over the yellow pinafore style yellow dress … then I scrolled down to see the bow shoes … oh my! I’m heading off for a lie down to recover now!

2. says

Mon Dieu. The model looks so sad and so miserable that I cannot focus on the outfits. Bouououh. il feel bad for her and I want to drag her to the beach with me. Eat tons of carbohydrates and drink a bit too much. And feel young
    (but i still love your blog,though)

3. BC says

Veronique & Mosey are right–why is this model so sad when she is wearing such exquisite clothes? While she is very beautiful, her expression is a distraction.

4. says

Haha, I just read all comments and have to say, I hadnt even noticed the really sad face of the model (clothes are visually more powerful!). She looks really depressed, I agree

5. Maria says

love each and every piece – the coats, the dresses, the blouses, the shorts, the shoes! exquisite collection… oy, but I wonder, how can they have a model wearing these clothes – I mean there’s a bright canary yellow outfit – and be ok with such sad/miserable/empty expressions.. don’t need her smiling but hey, it’s distracting

6. says

Oh man, it’s so true. Models of high fashion are usually so unrelatable in look and expression 90% of the time. It’s really similar to the way I view interiors– I want things to look real and relatable, and I don’t get that from perfectly curated white couches OR stony faced models no matter how amazing the outfit.
    Also, loving the scrunchy theme throughout this collection, it’s so playful.