Fashion, Photography

Russian Dacha

A Dacha is a place in the countryside where Russians like to spend holidays, especially in summer. Most houses are small and wooden, usually with a garden at the back where people grow vegetables. It’s common for many families to send their children to the Dacha for the whole summer.

an editorial from the latest issue of Vrag Magazine. photographs by Masha Mel and styled by Tess Yopp.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Belinda Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 9:15 am

I’d like to spend a whole summer in a dacha!

She is gloriously sulky looking – put her next to the Carven resort 2012 model and they would be like two peas in a pod. You think she’d be more happy lazing around in a dacha.

• Reply Belinda Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 9:15 am

Or should I say ‘happier’ rather than ‘more happy’. Duh.

• Reply agnes szucs @ iiiinspired Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 9:39 am

I like it! I’m not Russian but had to learn Russian for seven years in school.
    Some bits here remind me of my childhood… the cheap lace curtains, like the yellow one covering the sofa… the colorful plastic strips covering the door… or the real ragrug… we never had any of these things but my grandma had all of them! :) :) :) and of course we always loved hangin’ out at our grandparents’. :)

xoxo
    agnes

• Reply Kristi Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 9:53 am

As a russian i must say, that dachas now are usually pretty big houses. What they’re showing here is an actual village house. IT is beautiful though

• Reply daria Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 9:55 am

these are amazing!

• Reply chelsea Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 10:01 am

This is absolutely incredible. Thank you for sharing. I loved the recent article in Food and Wine too about the Dachas. Amazing!!

• Reply IDA Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 10:23 am

Amazing photos. love the atmosphere…I miss my summer dacha in Poland!

• Reply The Bohmerian Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Seeing all those unique patterns together is just great. Love these!

• Reply Joanna Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Beautiful! I especially love the sandals and the prints! To spend a Summer in a Dacha seems quite perfect!

• Reply Daughter Earth Thursday 7 July, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Beautiful! i love these!

• Reply {gemmifer} Friday 8 July, 2011 at 4:21 am

Hey–I have that Mulberry bag in black! It may be time to rotate it back into my daily wardrobe…

• Reply Vrag Tuesday 12 July, 2011 at 1:08 am

Thankyou for featuring our story – we are very happy that you like the photos :)

• Reply A Sunday 17 July, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Capitalist idea does not mix well with communist idea.