Familia

hila has been sharing some great old family photos lately, so i couldn’t resist dipping into my own collection. some background info: i have three older brothers. i’ll refer to them as brothers no. 1, 2 & 3 – because it’s easier that way.

mom as a tyke:

dad as a teen:

mom & dad on their wedding day:

dad & brother no.1:

dad, brothers no. 1 & 2 and gussie the bouvier:

brother no.2 & gussie

brother no.1 feeding brother no.3:

mom & brother no.3:

brother no.3 feeding gussie his first birthday cake

parents looking suave:

dad & brother no. 3 on holiday:

me as a baby with creepy doll:

train cake & ship in a bottle – basically the best birthday ever for brother no.3:

protesting against white tights:

brother no.3 and i  – note the budgie on his head:

at school, eating cake and drinking fanta.

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Em says

My brother is the only boy in my family and calls us Sister 1, 2 and 3. My dad after years of just yelling all three girl’s names until the right one responded has taken on this numbering system- it saves time when saying “1, 2, 3, whoever you are…”

2. Bonnie Flame says

PHWOAR!! Your Dad can tinker under my hood any day!

Haha I’m sorry, that was incredibly crude. Your parents look lovely together…

Also loving you VS. the white tights. Oh, that feeling! So very “back in the days of the old school yard”, namely being the minute we shot out of the class room.

You have some great shots in the family archive, thanks for sharing.
    XX

3. says

Haha, another fan of the numbering system here. My dad always calls me “daughter number one.” There are three of us girls and then our brother came last.

Love all your family’s outfits! The nineties duds our mom dressed us in did not translate as well fashion-wise, sadly.

4. says

Oh, I love these pictures, reminds me that I need to start scanning old family photos myself! I thought the last picture of you was especially cool, with all the colours and everyone looking away, except you, full focus on the camera – perfect :)

5. says

these are gold, baby! love them, so glad I inspired you to dip into family albums.

and I realise that what I’m about to say may make things awkward between us from now on, but I’m willing to live with the consequences: your dad, as a teen, totally hot. ahem.

xo

6. Sharon says

Oh my goodness. Those photos were the best. I love the one of your parents “looking suave.” They do indeed. Haha.
    Thanks for sharing.

7. says

Gussie is a fantastic name +looks like a fantastic dog. But most importantly, where is that house ‘on holiday’? It is so beautiful, if you have any more pics of the house/the setting I’d love to see a post on that!

8. florence says

these are great! old photos are the BEST… so much nostalgia, even though i had such a different childhood growing up in chicago, somehow the 70s clothes, furniture, and colors seem universal. love the one with your brohter no 1 feeding no 3, so sweet, and you vs the tights, hysterical!