Found, but not lost.

this past week has been pretty weird – my car was broken into, some of my favourite things were stolen and i’ve been wrestling with an irritating head cold that has overstayed its welcome. but, you know, it’s just a shitty time that will be quickly forgotten and supplanted in my memory by better days and great weeks to come – there’s no point in moping about and feeling sorry for yourself, right?

so i turned to the internet for some cheering up (this usually always works) and after a whole lot of browsing my eyes began to glaze over and i was just about to give up when i discovered the found photo collection of anyjazz65 - made up of over 4000 vintage photos which he has helpfully sorted over at his blog the lost gallery.

all photographs from the collection of anyjazz65

, , ,

15 Responses to Found, but not lost.

1. Caitlin Rose Monday 25 July, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

I am sorry to hear that your week isn’t going well. These photos are pretty amazing though, that one with the girl with a bow in her hair is epic!

2. Joy Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 12:53 am #

I hope your week will get better. These are beautiful.

3. Emma-Jean Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 1:27 am #

Wonderful snaps, Thank-you!

I love his sweet description of the camera as our only time machine and all the photo booth shots.

O and Sorry some jerk stole your treasures, I hope they fall in some mud every day for at lease month and you feel better very soon.

Best Emma-Jean

4. Monique Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 3:25 am #

Really sorry to hear about your loss. I think it’s okay to feel a little bit down about it especially since they were your favorites. I’m sure you’ll steadily build up some new ones. Hope you feel better soon. These photos are lovely. You are so good at finding beautiful images. Happy trails ahead…

5. amy Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 7:16 am #

That really sucks about your car, keep looking ahead… Some great photograph choices, in particular I like the ladies & clown house, girl with wine bottle and who can resist a classic kiss?

6. tom tuttle from tacoma Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 11:36 am #

you’ve got a great attitude about it. sorry about the loss and thanks for sharing this find.

7. Amy Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 11:50 am #

Ah sorry about people being jerkfaces. Theifs make me mad.
    what a radicool collection of photographs on the other hand!

8. Jess Lucas Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

‘There is always another bend in the road’ in the immortal words of Anne Shirley, its always what I try to remind myself when things are going rubbish, nothing is forever and soon will be better:)
    Thank you for sharing these photos though, they are beautiful!
    Jess x

9. anyjazz Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

Thanks for the visit!

Getting your car broken into is really annoying. It’s happened to me too.

You know what to do. Learn and move on.

10. Windsor Grace Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 5:44 pm #

Will you look at that bow? These are great, thanks for sharing!

11. mosey Tuesday 26 July, 2011 at 9:16 pm #

oh bummer, it sucks when creepoes enter your life somehow. Glad you are nice and safe though. These pics are awesome too. Nice find!

12. laurakitty Wednesday 27 July, 2011 at 1:45 am #

I so badly want to be that girl with the giant bow!

13. Anna Wednesday 27 July, 2011 at 7:44 am #

There’s something about looking at these kind of photos that makes me realize my life is passing in just such ordinary moments as these…
    Bummer about your favourite things.

14. Amber Monday 1 August, 2011 at 10:14 am #

I’m sorry to hear that your week was so awful. I’d never have guessed from all the amazing things that you’ve taken time to blog about. Hope you bounce back!

15. Christopher Tuesday 22 November, 2011 at 11:16 am #

Great collection of photos. So many moments in time. So much diversity. Well done and keep going.