These Things No.19

thank you for the enthusiastic response to yesterday’s post – i will definitely be expanding on that idea in the near future (collages, fashion, art… can’t help myself really). BUT i’m going on holiday from today and will only be back to the internet world next week sometime – holiday fun depending. in the meantime, here’s a these things. have a great weekend!

floral designer & stylist amy merrick launched her new website, and it’s beautiful

tomboy style compiled the grid -  a master list of Tomboy Style essentials

this is my proof by duane michals via vic

“This Photograph is my proof. There was that afternoon, when things were still good between us, and she embraced me, and we were so happy. It did happen. She did love me. Look see for yourself!”

loving these videos for marion deuchars’ new book let’s make some great art via it’s nice that

mallory has been compiling some awesome things

i’m constantly looking for scraps of paper to scribble reminders on when i’m at my computer – that’s why desk it is perfect. via swiss miss.

waste landscape is a 600 square meters artificial undulating landscape covered by an armor of 60 000 unsold or collected CDs, which have been sorted and hand-sewn.” – via the contemporist

legato is a beautifully designed col­lec­tion of three printed books with pho­tographs taken on a road trip to san juan capistrano - a col­lab­o­ra­tion between designer jory dayne and pho­tog­ra­pher weston colton. via design work life

this photo by jonathan levitt (need a holiday)

the best photos are always taken in iceland. photograph by reinhard pantke

print combinations by wolf eyebrows

graphic design & packaging for falcon enamelware by morse studio via september industry

how to do the simple gibson tuck by sarah lynn paige

these photographs for moop by jamie of from me to you

and finally, this made me feel like i could die of happiness – a mariachi band serenading a beluga whale via door sixteen

, ,

18 Responses to These Things No.19

1. Caitlin Rose Friday 5 August, 2011 at 3:02 pm #

hahaha, So happy! have a wonderful holiday!

2. Sage Parker Friday 5 August, 2011 at 3:49 pm #

i am so ordering the desk it and a couple for my friends:) what a perfect solution for my desk!
    i also can’t take my eyes off the iceland photo, amazing!

3. Sara Friday 5 August, 2011 at 4:33 pm #

Hi Diana, I just wanted to say thank you for including me in your lovely feature here. It was a wonderful surprise to see when I logged into my dashboard this morning. You have a lovely blog and it is a delight to be along side so many other nice things.

4. Sophie Delphis Friday 5 August, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Waste landscape is incredible. I love all these choices!

5. Gabija Friday 5 August, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

Print combination by wolf eyebrows made happy! I made something a little bit like that here http://bantikbantik.blogspot.com/2011/06/pinavijos.html

6. Monique Saturday 6 August, 2011 at 5:17 am #

Enjoy your holiday! That beluga whale/mariachi serenade…is ridiculously sweet!

7. a. merrick Sunday 7 August, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

Happy to hear you like my site because girl, you are thee cooolest :D

8. Mallory Monday 8 August, 2011 at 12:46 am #

enjoy your holiday! & thanks for the awesome things link, pal.

9. Eygló Gísla. Monday 8 August, 2011 at 11:28 am #

So TRUE! Your photos get magical with Icelandic landscape :)

Love from Iceland! xx

eyglogisla.blogspot.com

10. Anna Monday 8 August, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

Awww awww this is amongst the cutest things ever!

11. SisterBatik Monday 8 August, 2011 at 10:02 pm #

Absolutely so many things to love!

12. caroline Tuesday 9 August, 2011 at 1:58 am #

i am absolutely going to get that weekly planner. thanks for sharing.

13. Joanna Tuesday 9 August, 2011 at 11:38 am #

I’m loving everything (as always :)
    I especially love the photographs for moop, the mariachi band and the iceland photos!

14. daily/weakly Tuesday 9 August, 2011 at 11:56 pm #

Just wanted to say how excited I was to find your blog, think I gave myself carpal tunnel scrolling through your archives! So inspired to see such well curated fashion, art, and design in one place!

xxdailyweakly

15. The Indulgent Wednesday 10 August, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

Always so much inspiration when I visit this blog :)
    I love that video of the whale and mariachi band by the way !
    xx

16. michelle Thursday 11 August, 2011 at 2:41 am #

amazing inspirations :)

17. erin Thursday 11 August, 2011 at 6:38 am #

perfect reinhard pantke pic! as always – the most inspiring list! i hope you have a lovely holiday!

18. Rosaspina Vintage Tuesday 23 August, 2011 at 12:08 am #

I completely fell in love with Sara’s blog, her red hair and her red cats are just adorable! Thank you for being always so inspiring, Diana!
    Hugs from Italy ;)