Sherbert

have been quietly obsessing over this colour scheme for a while. decided to call it sherbert. yes, i know the correct spelling is sherbet – but i pronounce it sherbert. and since i am making up a colour scheme i may as well make up a word, too. it’s somewhere between art deco pink, peach, salmon and dusty rose… i guess it’s all of them combined.

clothing sources:

row 1: boyfriend shirt ; handbag ; top
row 2: chinos ; sandals ; blouse
row 3: t-shirt ; duffel bag ; clogs

photo credits:

row 1: tara ; juan bitar ; rising70 ; mallory dowd
row 2: samantha casolari ; mark weaver ; super bomba
row 3: erin powers ; laurent champoussin.
row 4: xavier encinas ; suzy wimbourne ; sara peixoto ; geraldine nicolo

, , , , ,

24 Responses to Sherbert

1. Pam Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 9:18 am #

Absolutely lovely pictures. The composition is fabulous.

2. Joy Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 9:58 am #

It’s wonderful when you present your posts in such a highly creative manner. You are amazing!

3. Sweet Harvest Moon Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 10:08 am #

Love this color!

It reminds me of end of summer nights when fall is coming…

4. Brodie Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 11:09 am #

this is ridiculously beautiful! i love these colours, and the photos you’ve chosen are amazzzing. i get such a calming, hazy vibe from all this!

5. Leah - What Indie Nights? Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 11:11 am #

The APC top at bottom left, and the champoussin photo of sun through clouds are just perfect. I know I’m going to start saying sherbert now…

6. Siubhan Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

No way! I have spent a whole lot of years convinced it was sherbert. I can’t imagine saying it any other way!

This is another amazingly designed layout – I’ve been looking at that a.p.c. shirt and the sandal/clogs quite often over the last week or so too – they are such an easy-going, muted kind of burnt sienna colour – art deco pink is definitely a good way of describing it.

7. anna Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

I call it sherbeRT too! cute collection!

8. Fabiana Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 2:12 pm #

I would have every single thing of it. I love the color, a hybrid between plain nude an brown. The top from the third photo is super cute.

9. emily Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

yes yes and yes!

10. Office of Johnston Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 3:37 pm #

I guess I should mention I was a little nervous about the color on my pale skin until I saw your post. Thank you!

11. JP Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

That’s the perfect name for that colour! Great collection. You should make up more colour names :)

12. Christine Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 5:01 pm #

Can I interest you in a tiny sherbert bathroom? Free to good home? Around 40 years old, so just looking for somewhere to live out its *Golden Years*

13. Joanna Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 5:25 pm #

Oh wow!
    This turned out pretty amazing!
    Love, love, love it!

14. rooth Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 5:38 pm #

I too call it sherbert… or sherburt. This colour is perfect for people afraid of straight-up pink (like me)!

15. curious constellation Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 6:27 pm #

The shoes, the shoes! Oh my goodness the shoes!

16. Vanessa Rae Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 6:44 pm #

I say it the same way. This is pretty fab. You are so talented!

17. Anna Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

sweet layout, girlfriend. now I want some sherbert. great.

18. katie Wednesday 31 August, 2011 at 8:12 pm #

I love the colors and I think I need that apc duffel bag and wedges. amazing
    p.s. love sherbert, hate sherbet.

19. Timmie Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 12:42 am #

i totally agree with you about these colors.
    I only want to wear them , i have to restrain myself.
    I love the expression Dusty Rose.

20. m.fay Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 2:04 am #

diana, i feel like i’m seeing this color for the first time. it’s beautiful! how can it be?

21. Emma Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 5:19 am #

Such a gorgeous post*
    Beautiful images and beautifully put together…

22. Debra Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 8:50 am #

So surreal. On Monday I was thinking about the scene from Austin Powers with Christian Slater. You’re right, it should be sherbert and not sherbet (my autocorrect just disagreed with us).

23. Katie Friday 2 September, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

Very creative way to display such a nice color! I’ve always called it “you know, that sexy nude-ish pink.” I think “Sherbert” might fit better on a crayon.