25 electric spring
Music

Electric Spring

it is the first of september, which in south africa is traditionally spring day. well, spring day usually doesn’t fail to be delightfully miserable weather wise as far as my memory serves… probably due to the fact that the seasons only turn on 23 september this year (the spring equinox, which is also my birthday – write that down).

still, couldn’t resist temptation and so created a semi-electro inspired spring mix to kick off my favourite month.

Electric Spring. Playlist:

1.  Alex Winston – Velvet Elvis (RAC Remix)
  2. St. Vincent – Cruel
  3. Future Islands – Balance
  4. Mina Tindle – Os Argonautas
  5. Little Majorette – Never Be The Same
  6. Toro Y Moi – New Beat (Star Slinger Dancehall Mix)
  7. Purity Ring – Ungirthed
  8. Kisses – Kisses (Electric Sunset Remix)
  9. Scenic – Another Sky (The Magician Remix)
  10. Phoenix – North (Crystalised remix)

all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!

cover image courtesy of the life archives

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply balladofseasons Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 1:15 pm

currently listening :-)

thanks for the decorated playlists too. It became on of my favorites!

love xo,

Betül

• Reply Thomas Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Yes! I can’t wait!
    Sssllloooowww internet…

• Reply Carrie Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Thanks for always introducing me to awesome new music! (Great cover too, btw!)

• Reply shelby h.k. Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 5:35 pm

thanks! can’t wait to listen while i’m unpacking in my new apartment!

xx

• Reply Lance James Daniels Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Oh my, I think I love this one before even listening to it…

• Reply nicole b. Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Thank you! I love your mixes. xo.

• Reply Suzy Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Again a super compilation, love them!
    .:.

• Reply Lisa Thursday 1 September, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Oooooh, what a treat! LOVE your music mixes. Will enjoy listening with the rain pelting down outside – gotta love CT weather! Have a wonderful birthday month xx

• Reply Stacy Friday 2 September, 2011 at 2:49 am

You’ve really inspired me musically, and i’ve discovered loads of artists we don’t usually hear in Canada. Thank you!

• Reply hila Friday 2 September, 2011 at 8:25 am

I can tell we’re going to be mutually complaining together this summer, right? we shall console ourselves with mixes such as these, and perhaps pretty pictures of people enjoying summer/spring and not sweating.

• Reply nix Friday 2 September, 2011 at 8:48 am

this is exactly what 11:40 pm needs: sweet electronica with touches of light. it was so lovely that i shared it with some friends through tumblr. i definitely gave you credit, but if it bothers you, i can just delete it.
    thanks miss for making the night a little brighter.

• Reply San Friday 2 September, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Love love love every little thing in your website!
    xx

• Reply Marion Friday 2 September, 2011 at 9:12 pm

The 23rd is my birthday too !!!!
    Awwwwww.

• Reply Marjolein Saturday 3 September, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Awesome mix again!

• Reply Audrey Tuesday 6 September, 2011 at 1:50 am

“North” Phoenix and “Balance” Future Islands are my favorite. They’re truly dreamy. You have excellent taste in music.

• Reply Carla Thursday 8 September, 2011 at 1:11 am

Lovely jubbly! :)

• Reply Elizabeth Thursday 8 September, 2011 at 1:44 am

Yesssssssssssss! Thank you!

• Reply Music Cravings « wordtraveling Thursday 8 September, 2011 at 5:13 am

[…] Alex Winston: “Velvet Elvis (RAC Remix)” (from the fabulous Miss Moss mix, Electric Spring) […]

• Reply amy Monday 12 September, 2011 at 2:08 pm

love love love your music mixes- I listen to them far more than any of my own music!

• Reply Karen Friday 7 October, 2011 at 10:31 am

It’s already the 7th of October, Miss Moss! I am getting some serious withdrawal symptoms… like twitching and sweaty palms… :)
    Love your music mixes. To say the least.

• Reply Carolyn Wednesday 19 October, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I love your mixes and September 23rd is my birthday too, might explain why I can relate to you and your blog so well! Of course, here in the states Sept 23rd is almost always the first day of fall- my favorite season! Happy Belated!

• Reply Dorothy Sunday 4 March, 2012 at 3:17 pm

This is one of my favorite mixes ever, i’ve been listening to it non stop lately.