Heaven Hill

Heaven Hill, as it is known to the few who have been lucky enough to experience it, is a Big Sur south coast mountain compound located on Alms Ridge and surrounded by vast expanses of protected National Forest in all directions. On the property’s thirty six acres of jaw-dropping wilderness, three creeks from the untouched Wild Cattle Creek watershed combine to form a year round stream that flows through the property’s massive cathedral of ancient redwoods.

– found via frankie (aka former the snail and the cyclops, now lawrence

, , , ,

19 Responses to Heaven Hill

1. Sweet Harvest Moon Monday 5 September, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

I would love to be there, so beautiful!

2. Edelweissnyc Monday 5 September, 2011 at 12:41 pm #

Looks beautiful! I would like to take a drive down that highway next to the coast.

3. Thomas Monday 5 September, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

I need to live there

4. Caitlin Rose Monday 5 September, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

sooo beautiful.

5. Bethany Susan Monday 5 September, 2011 at 4:57 pm #

i’ve been wanting to return to big sur ever since i camped there as a child. sooooo beautiful and haunting. and haunted, actually. lots of history there!

6. tom tuttle from tacoma Monday 5 September, 2011 at 5:37 pm #

i imagine that’s a good place to live my last moments.

7. rooth Monday 5 September, 2011 at 6:25 pm #

I always knew a road trip through the Pacific Northwest would be a good idea. This just adds fuel to the fire

8. Gift Shop Brooklyn Monday 5 September, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

Your blog is so amazing and inspiring.. I could spend HOURS looking at it! xoxo

9. felicity Monday 5 September, 2011 at 7:43 pm #

i love big sur! i visited it for the first time this summer and will soon be living about 30 minutes away from it. i can’t think of anything better!

10. Jan Monday 5 September, 2011 at 10:25 pm #

so very beautiful … having tried to camp close to Big Sur country and finding that a lot of the property is in private hands, it is wonderful to imagine that I could be living in these photos … lovely. :D

11. kimberly Tuesday 6 September, 2011 at 2:54 am #

this looks AMAZING! I need to plan a little getaway here. It looks breathtaking. Kim, xo

12. Ashley/ MILK TEETHS Tuesday 6 September, 2011 at 4:07 am #

What! This place is amazing. Is it not open to the public or something? I’d love to hang around here :)

13. Bailey Busch Tuesday 6 September, 2011 at 5:06 am #

Ahh! This property was on the market a few years ago. I remember seeing the MLS listing because my family was looking at property in the big sur/carmel area. IT IS AMAZING!!!

14. Catherine Tuesday 6 September, 2011 at 6:26 am #

Wow, so beautiful. I heard a lot about Big Sur when I lived in California but I never got the chance to make it out there. These photos are breathtaking, especially the foggy one (#2 I think).

Love your site redesign as well!

15. anna gleeson Tuesday 6 September, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

yes please!
    don’t mind if i do.

16. Julia Tuesday 6 September, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

This is breathtaking. and I love how the url reads “bigsurreal…, it certainly is surreal in its absolute beauty.

17. Caroline Wednesday 7 September, 2011 at 3:46 am #

This looks like where I imagined Kerrouac hung out and wrote Dharma Bums

18. Vi Monday 12 September, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

Paradise, is this you?

19. windsor andersen Friday 7 October, 2011 at 5:09 am #

I love absolutely about your blog. I’ll be here all night going through each and everyone!

xxoo,