Not the Nine o’Clock News

just a bit of news! Alison kindly invited me to do a guest post over at Etsy. i love Etsy, i’ve bought a few vintage dresses and other bits and pieces from there over the years – i love the way you can buy directly from a seller and the fact that you’re not limited by the usual we don’t ship internationally problem. but  i have never really explored Etsy thoroughly – so when i was putting together this post i really took advantage of their discovery features like handpicked items,  suggested shops, treasury lists etc etc. it is like going down a never-ending rabbit hole of awesome over there, people. i suggest you get browsing. my lists were inspired by some of my colour coded mood boards over at Pinterest.

the other exciting bit of news is that i’m in the South African Marie Claire this month as their featured About A Blog! I still have to pinch myself when i see stories about the blog in magazines that i grew up reading & buying every month. it is pretty surreal and kind of grand. many of the photos in the article were taken on my trip to paris last year.

, , , , , ,

21 Responses to Not the Nine o’Clock News

1. Rose Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 9:23 am #

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand you have the best taste ever. The end.

2. Leone Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 10:08 am #

What Rose said.

3. fanfamfun Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 10:43 am #

fantastic! congratulations!!! x

4. Pam Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 10:51 am #

Great feature in Marie Claire, Congrats!

5. kristina - no penny for them Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 10:52 am #

the best. great moodboards.
    and congrats on the feature!

6. Lisa Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 11:30 am #

You are SO deserving of having your blog featured in magazines, etc. – it is without a doubt the best blog out there – well done! x

7. IDA Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

yes well well done:) your blog it’s always a minute of pleasure for me!

8. Edelweissnyc Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

Congrats on the Mag! Very cool! Thanks for putting the awesome etsy list together. I like etsy but get flustered because there is so much stuff. Love the layout!

9. Suevia Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

Congrats!
    Best blog ever…
    You should have been invited to NYFW!

10. Carla Santiago Thursday 22 September, 2011 at 11:32 pm #

You deserve all the best, you´re the gratest!

Congrats and thank you <3

Hugs from Lisbon,

Carla

11. amy w Friday 23 September, 2011 at 6:11 am #

Congrats, I agree with everything you said – except the Bovril!

12. Emma-Jane Friday 23 September, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

love every single mood board! I want to dive into each and everyone like a mary poppins chalk drawing!

13. Elise / Pennyweight Friday 23 September, 2011 at 10:53 pm #

congrats lady! you deserve it. gorgeous guest post over at etsy!

14. A.F. Saturday 24 September, 2011 at 4:20 am #

well deserved! you have such a great eye and a way of putting things together! you should be an editor!

15. sunbeam Sunday 25 September, 2011 at 9:02 am #

the new design work is amazing! as is the article!

16. Ashley Monday 26 September, 2011 at 3:51 am #

Ahh! How exciting!! Congratulations–what a treat to be featured in MC, you definitely deserve it :)

17. niel Monday 26 September, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

saw this in the mag yesterday! so cool. :)

18. Leili Art and Design Monday 26 September, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

Dear Diana, I didn’t know about this post, in which you kindly featured my night sky bowl, until a friend posted an excited note on my FB art page yesterday: “oh my GOODNESS, one of my FAVE bloggers [missmoss - she's HUGEEE] blogged one of your pieces when asked to do a featured post for etsy!!!”

Needless to say, I’m thrilled – and so enamoured with your unusual and cohesive sensibility. These inspiration boards simply don’t look like anyone else’s. Thank you so much for including me!

Leili

19. Leili Art and Design Monday 26 September, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

Oh, and also – our bathroom was exactly that strange Fitz & Floyd pinkish-orange with a touch of gray from 1962 until about a month ago. It is amazing.

20. florence Friday 30 September, 2011 at 5:25 pm #

i love how you put this together, great design, let alone the curated content…

21. Gira Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 10:24 pm #

your mood boards are awesome! love the format