Bits of My Weekend

things have been quiet around here the past few days because it was my birthday on friday. i was treated to an amazing weekend away in Greyton, so we hightailed it outta here after lunch time on friday & didn’t look at the internet for the next few days – except to update instagram (which i only recently started using… seems that i am a super late adopter of anything iphone related). amongst my birthday booty was a beautiful home-made lamp from amy, 12 mini tres leches cakes and a basket of cheese & charcuterie courtesy of jessica & luke (my friends know me too well). i was also spoilt with a new kindle (yay!) which means a lot of time was spent lying around reading the hunger games. not sure if i should be embarrassed about that since it technically falls into the “young adult” genre… i’m still a young adult at 28, right?

*Bits of My Weekend title sneakily borrowed from Kate – who is amazing at documenting her weekends.

, ,

10 Responses to Bits of My Weekend

1. IDA Monday 26 September, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

of course you are!!! I’m very close to 30 and I’m still thinking the same :) happy birthday! i d a

2. Filipa Monday 26 September, 2011 at 2:12 pm #

Don’t be ashamed – I read the trilogy of hunger games in 2 seconds (And I’m not a young adult – or am I at 23?)

3. Vicki Monday 26 September, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

Happy happy birthday D! Looks like it was a goodie – obsessed with that lamp! V x

4. Caitlin Rose Monday 26 September, 2011 at 5:29 pm #

looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Happy Birthday! and now I’m going to go buy some cheese.

5. Lauren Monday 26 September, 2011 at 11:02 pm #

Eep, happy belated birthday! Sorry I missed it. Sounds like a you had a goodie! Also, big congrats on the MC feature – totally well deserved x

6. Darcy Monday 26 September, 2011 at 11:59 pm #

Happy belated! And there’s absolutely no shame in reading YA novels. I used to manage the YA section at a big/local used bookstore in Texas and my shelves at home are scattered with them! I’m actually currently reading the Wrinkle in Time series, which is really hard to put down!

7. kate Tuesday 27 September, 2011 at 1:50 am #

omg, The Hunger Games is the BEST. I wept at it being over because I didn’t want to stop reading them!

8. mabel Tuesday 27 September, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

the hunger games is amazing — nothing to be embarrassed about! i’ve been recommending it indiscriminately to all my friends.

i love your blog, by the way :) i think your post on the paul smith ss2012 collection was my favourite one yet, the graphics worked so well with the clothes!

9. Kat Thursday 29 September, 2011 at 5:38 pm #

Happy one year older! Love Greyton, looks like fun fun fun.

10. Leah Monday 10 October, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

Your blog is so gorgeous! I’m so happy I found your site! Happy belated birthday and I’d say you are DEFINITELY still a young adult at 28…at least I hope so because I am 28 as well. Lovely post.