Stuff

Bits of My Weekend

things have been quiet around here the past few days because it was my birthday on friday. i was treated to an amazing weekend away in Greyton, so we hightailed it outta here after lunch time on friday & didn’t look at the internet for the next few days – except to update instagram (which i only recently started using… seems that i am a super late adopter of anything iphone related). amongst my birthday booty was a beautiful home-made lamp from amy, 12 mini tres leches cakes and a basket of cheese & charcuterie courtesy of jessica & luke (my friends know me too well). i was also spoilt with a new kindle (yay!) which means a lot of time was spent lying around reading the hunger games. not sure if i should be embarrassed about that since it technically falls into the “young adult” genre… i’m still a young adult at 28, right?

*Bits of My Weekend title sneakily borrowed from Kate – who is amazing at documenting her weekends.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply IDA Monday 26 September, 2011 at 12:01 pm

of course you are!!! I’m very close to 30 and I’m still thinking the same :) happy birthday! i d a

• Reply Filipa Monday 26 September, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Don’t be ashamed – I read the trilogy of hunger games in 2 seconds (And I’m not a young adult – or am I at 23?)

• Reply Vicki Monday 26 September, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Happy happy birthday D! Looks like it was a goodie – obsessed with that lamp! V x

• Reply Caitlin Rose Monday 26 September, 2011 at 5:29 pm

looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Happy Birthday! and now I’m going to go buy some cheese.

• Reply Lauren Monday 26 September, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Eep, happy belated birthday! Sorry I missed it. Sounds like a you had a goodie! Also, big congrats on the MC feature – totally well deserved x

• Reply Darcy Monday 26 September, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Happy belated! And there’s absolutely no shame in reading YA novels. I used to manage the YA section at a big/local used bookstore in Texas and my shelves at home are scattered with them! I’m actually currently reading the Wrinkle in Time series, which is really hard to put down!

• Reply kate Tuesday 27 September, 2011 at 1:50 am

omg, The Hunger Games is the BEST. I wept at it being over because I didn’t want to stop reading them!

• Reply mabel Tuesday 27 September, 2011 at 3:58 pm

the hunger games is amazing — nothing to be embarrassed about! i’ve been recommending it indiscriminately to all my friends.

i love your blog, by the way :) i think your post on the paul smith ss2012 collection was my favourite one yet, the graphics worked so well with the clothes!

• Reply Kat Thursday 29 September, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Happy one year older! Love Greyton, looks like fun fun fun.

• Reply Leah Monday 10 October, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Your blog is so gorgeous! I’m so happy I found your site! Happy belated birthday and I’d say you are DEFINITELY still a young adult at 28…at least I hope so because I am 28 as well. Lovely post.