Double RL, Double take

just when you think that you couldn’t possibly look at another vintage inspired lookbook, along comes one that could actually fool you into thinking the photos are legit – until you take a closer look.  i was almost fooled at first glance by this set of photos while browsing Lincoln Taft’s blog. this is the new lookbook  for Ralph Lauren’s RRL label.

RRL was first introduced in 1993 as a collection of meticulously aged and rugged looking menswear inspired by the pioneering spirit of the American West. Vintage selvedge denims, sumptuous flannel shirts, beautifully battered leathers and utilitarian styles which evoke images of hard-grafting ranch hands and tough-talking blue-collar workers are all thrown into the mix in a collection that is named after Double RL, the Colorado ranch owned by Ricky and Ralph Lauren. - source

, , , , , , ,

14 Responses to Double RL, Double take

1. Mallory Monday 26 September, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

the third dude down has a face that has a hint of “christian bale when he’s lost a lot of weight for a movie” look to it. just an observation for you.

2. fanfamfun Monday 26 September, 2011 at 2:42 pm #

this is ridiculously awesome! wow! x

3. wolf eyebrows Monday 26 September, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

What an amazing find. The campaign is so well done. Such a great concept

4. Caitlin Rose Monday 26 September, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

I like all the cow boy ones especially!

5. amy w Tuesday 27 September, 2011 at 12:11 am #

Uh amazing! At first glance they had me fooled, definitely one of those “why didn’t I think of that?” moments. What a great idea for a lookbook

6. Joy Tuesday 27 September, 2011 at 2:57 am #

This is seriously amazing. Thank you so much for sharing these because now I’ll have something to obsess about!

7. Leah - What Indie Nights? Tuesday 27 September, 2011 at 5:18 am #

I saw these somewhere else and I was the same, I was so nearly taken in by them too!
    What gave it away was the man and girl holding hands, the only thing that was anachronistic.

8. DENISE of Hello, Moxie! Tuesday 27 September, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

Holy cow, LOVE this! Think how fun it would have been to produce this — the casting, the location, the art direction and of course the photo process.

9. Anna Wednesday 28 September, 2011 at 3:32 am #

I was thinking these were real vintage too. crazy. love the idea lots.

10. Ella Wednesday 28 September, 2011 at 10:11 am #

Awesomeest lookbook ever! Love.

11. Jessica Wednesday 28 September, 2011 at 11:20 am #

So cool – apparently it’s based on a cache of really old mugshots from 1920s Australian criminals! http://j.mp/pYRavT / http://j.mp/p1XlNh

12. lise Thursday 29 September, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

I LOVE this. Wow

13. Todd Friday 21 October, 2011 at 3:58 am #

I love this stuff. I have seen a lot of it lately. But i never gets old. These are timeless images.

14. Nate Wednesday 27 February, 2013 at 12:22 am #

Anyone know the art director or photographer for this?