Photography, Stuff

Jessica & Luke’s Wedding

so i told you last week that my pals Jessica & Luke were getting married over the weekend. i was a bridesmaid along with Jessica’s twin sister Debra, and also one of the many unofficial official photographers. i’m really happy with how these photos came out – and even happier that i could capture some special moments from the day.

i have been witnessing the planning of this wedding from the day that Jessica and Luke got engaged. it was always going to be an intimate affair, with minimum fuss and a focus on everyone just enjoying themselves. they got married in the church Jessica and her family have attended since she was a kid, and had their reception down the road at their restaurant Nook. there were burgers and beer (my favourite), fries and mayonnaise to dip them in (my second favourite) and even devilled eggs (probably my all-time favourite).

i don’t have any photos from the actual ceremony, and my picture taking habits got increasingly worse the more we ate, drank and chatted – which is exactly what this wedding was all about. good times & celebrating with our favourite people.

the flowers were done by Hermien of Flowers in the Foyer – the funnest wedding flowers i have ever seen.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Sherisa D Monday 3 October, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Congratulations to them! I love a simple and beautiful wedding that keeps the most important things up front. A million years of wedded bliss to come! :)

• Reply Molly Monday 3 October, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Shew! What a beautiful affair. Love your outfit and those flowers … ama-zing!

• Reply Frances White Monday 3 October, 2011 at 1:02 pm

your photos are *BEAUTIFUL*
    and the flower arrangements are heavenly!
    there’s nothing quite like a special friend’s wedding and the ensuing celebration of love, happiness, dreams, hopes, friends, family and all the good things in life *beam*

• Reply Hannah Monday 3 October, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Wow! Beautiful photos. Such a colourful and unique wedding – but still crisp and light, which I like.
    Your dress is very pretty too :) It’s pretty much perfect.
    I would love to be someone’s unofficial wedding photographer… too much pressure to get it right otherwise lol.

• Reply Allison Egan Monday 3 October, 2011 at 1:11 pm

You are such a talented photographer! Beautiful! and I love the flowers too – so natural and unexpected but also so playful. Stunning event all around!
    xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank

• Reply fanfamfun Monday 3 October, 2011 at 1:37 pm

a beautiful wedding! the flowers are perfect and the bride looks super lovely. great photography too! x

• Reply Amanda Jane Monday 3 October, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Just found your blog via twitter and I love it. Really beautiful space you have here. :)

• Reply Christy Monday 3 October, 2011 at 2:39 pm

What a beautiful wedding! I love all the little details–the paper cranes, flowers in bottles, quirky illustration of the couple, etc. And your dress is just perfect; I’m digging the color and subtle little polka dots.

• Reply Sage Parker Monday 3 October, 2011 at 3:27 pm

i love love love the photographs! simply perfect and beautiful. you really did an amazing job!
    congratulations and a lifetime of happiness!!!!

ps i am an official wedding photographer:)

• Reply Grace Monday 3 October, 2011 at 4:24 pm

these are more than lovely!

• Reply Coelho Monday 3 October, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Stunning-those flowers…;

• Reply Janine Monday 3 October, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Small, pretty, perfect! Love everything about the wedding, especially those dresses and the flowers! You photos are really stunning too – sssho, should have asked you to be our unofficial official wedding photographer:)

• Reply Courtney Monday 3 October, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I love the simple yet lovely details of their wedding and especially love the meals they served! xx

• Reply Anabela Monday 3 October, 2011 at 6:22 pm

So beautiful. I love the lack of fuss! And you look darling, Diana!

• Reply andrea Monday 3 October, 2011 at 6:50 pm

These are really really good! So light and beautiful – great atmosphere. I love her hair and that little chain on the back of her dress!

• Reply Carrie Monday 3 October, 2011 at 8:22 pm

These photos are beautiful; so glad to see them as they are without a “treatment” added to them. You found (and captured) gorgeous light!

• Reply kristina - no penny for them Monday 3 October, 2011 at 8:37 pm

absolutely love the mood, the way they chose to celebrate their day and your photos!

• Reply Jaclyn Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 1:04 am

Gorgeous photos, this wedding is absolutely stunning. I’m in love with the flowers, they look like they were just picked from a field.

• Reply evie Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 2:48 am

i love it. what a sweet, perfect looking celebration of a day! pretty flowers, dresses, pinata and all!!

• Reply messick Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 2:56 am

I keep OMG-ing about the flowers. Beautiful shots!

• Reply amy w Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 3:00 am

What a beautiful celebration – those flowers are amazing! The bride looks gorgeous, very elegant and I love your bridesmaids’ dresses too. This is so what I’m wanting for mine next year. Congrats Jess & Luke!

• Reply Meta Musings Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 5:54 am

What a beautiful wedding! love the flower arrangements.

• Reply hila Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 9:09 am

is that you in the polka-dotted dress? looks like you … if so, awesome dress, you look quite lovely. This is how I would want my wedding to look – no matching bridesmaids, or over-the-top-ness (yes, I just made that up). Gorgeous snaps Diana.

• Reply Miss Moss Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 3:00 pm

yep, that’s me! thanks Hila ;)

• Reply Mariella Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Beautiful pictures! I always thought you need a special focus to take shots on such a hectic day like a good’s friend’s wedding, but you were able to capture the loveliest details, very sweet!

• Reply Gira Tuesday 4 October, 2011 at 10:19 pm

such lovely photos!!

• Reply rooth Wednesday 5 October, 2011 at 3:22 am

The flowers, gown and hair are perfect – this is my type of wedding. I love it!

• Reply Anna Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 6:19 am

oh goodness, how beautiful and fun! I want this wedding! and those flowers – incredible! many congratulations, they look so happy. lovely photos!

• Reply laura Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 9:19 am

Oh i do love these and those flowers are too beautiful. Also love the paper cranes in the tree, perfect!

• Reply Andi of My Beautiful Adventures Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 10:51 pm

These photos are beautiful and what a stunningly gorgeous wedding!!! Loved EVERY detail!

• Reply Jacquelyn | lark+linen Friday 7 October, 2011 at 3:32 pm

these pictures are stunning! I particularly liked the jumping on the bed one. I’m almost 26 and I still jump on every hotel bed I come across. It’s a must!

• Reply julie macneil Friday 7 October, 2011 at 4:15 pm

there was such a calm and peace that came over me while i looked at these photos! the simple beauty and joy of life was expressed in everything. a perfect day leading to a perfectly happy life. thanks for sharing.

• Reply This Week in Weddings - The Bride's Guide : Martha Stewart Weddings Friday 7 October, 2011 at 6:06 pm

[…] no secret that we love the plaited trend. This real bride's beautiful braid (above, via Miss Moss) is fueling our […]

• Reply Michelle Saturday 8 October, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Amazing flowers… would expect no less from the people behind Nook! I miss their steak sandwiches and general adorableness.

• Reply Sweet Harvest Moon Saturday 15 October, 2011 at 11:55 am

These wedding picture are beyond beautiful!

• Reply Anna Fourie Thursday 20 October, 2011 at 9:54 am

Wow. Such beautiful pictures for such a soft wedding. Makes me want to divorce my husband just to marry him again. Sigh.

• Reply Lina Monday 31 October, 2011 at 5:25 am

Stumbled upon your site. Your pictures are lovely! May I ask where your dress is from? It is perfection!

• Reply Miss Moss Thursday 3 November, 2011 at 8:33 am

hey Lina – I bought the dress from Ruche earlier this year. I also have it in navy, haha!

• Reply Nos Makunga Thursday 1 December, 2011 at 7:51 pm

memorable and imprinted in deeply in the mind and the heart forever…thanks for sharing those moments with us in conversation, Nox

• Reply Justine Monday 23 January, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, but it’s the first time I see this beautiful post! Would you happen to know the label of the dress the other bridesmaid wore?

• Reply Miss Moss Monday 23 January, 2012 at 10:18 pm

it was from ASOS – Jessica actually bought it to wear as her wedding dress originally, then she found the one that she eventually ended up wearing and Debra (her twin) wore the lace number :)

• Reply I DO « filmisawesomesauce Sunday 29 January, 2012 at 1:20 pm

[…] can read and see more from Jessica and Luke’s beautiful day here, here and here. Oh… and here (all photos on these sites were taken by one of our oldest friends and her […]