Re-imagining Kenzo

those rad gals from Honestly… WTF, Erica and Lauren, asked me to do a few guest posts for them over the next couple of weeks. here’s the first – Re-imagining Kenzo.

One of my favourite shows from the recent Spring 2012 collections was the “new” Kenzo – which was recently taken over by creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, the geniuses behind Opening Ceremony. Which, of course, explains why there’s a certain wacky & fun edge to the all the pieces. I couldn’t help but feel that the setting for these knock-out outfits was slightly bland, so I decided to re-imagine some of my favourite looks in decidedly different scenery…

paintings from top to bottom: Isaac Grünewald – The Garden Path, Axel Kargel – The Road; Sven Westman – Scenery In The South of France, Hilding Linnqvist – The Terrace, Torsten Jovinge – The Monastery, Menton, Waldemar Lorentzon – Boats; painting images courtesy of Bukowskis; runway images courtesy of Vogue.

please note that i have no affiliation with Kenzo and do not own the rights to their images or the paintings used here. this is just for fun and should not be published in any official publications or magazines, please!

, , , , ,

39 Responses to Re-imagining Kenzo

1. Daughter Earth Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 6:38 pm #

You’re kind of brilliant.

• Miss Moss Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 6:38 pm #

thank you! you are kind of nice ;)

2. Christina Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 8:16 pm #

Just hopped over from Honestly WTF and I’m loving the vibe over here! Subscribed. :)

3. rubi Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 8:17 pm #

I did hair backstage at Kenzo for this collection and would have never imagined somebody doing something so beautiful with images from the collection. I’m sure the designers would love this as well. Can’t wait to see your future posts!

4. Sarah Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 9:52 pm #

I don’t know what else to say except: gorgeous!!

5. Shanaya S. Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 10:10 pm #

I absolutely love this, especially the second photo.

6. Christine Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 10:12 pm #

wow, excellent. this post is too good to be true! i admire your imaginative and creative skills.

7. C Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 10:18 pm #

Your matching of artwork with fashion/movies is always so genius! I love these combinations– you must have such an extensive knowledge of paintings to draw such perfect pairings. And the Kenzo collection is awesome, of course.

8. Noémie Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 10:40 pm #

Greatness as usual…

9. Noémie Thursday 6 October, 2011 at 10:47 pm #

Greatness as usual :)

10. dana Friday 7 October, 2011 at 12:47 am #

so stunning. my eyes just exploded a little in joy. you’re pretty awe-inspiring, miz moss!

11. hila Friday 7 October, 2011 at 3:15 am #

I am unworthy to comment on this post. Seriously Diana, calling this ‘fantastic’ is an understatement.

12. Becca Friday 7 October, 2011 at 3:46 am #

Seriously, your eye for matching fashionable garments to the perfectly complementary piece of art is second to none. I ALWAYS love these posts.

13. rooth Friday 7 October, 2011 at 5:22 am #

I first thought this was part of the official Kenzo campaign – you are so hired!

14. Emma-Jane Friday 7 October, 2011 at 10:28 am #

WOW! :) Think these are the best fashion/art mixes you’ve ever done. which is saying a lot! I’m sure designers are going to start hiring you to do their look books soon

15. Patty Friday 7 October, 2011 at 5:26 pm #

This is a stunning collage of fashion and art. I would love to see you do more of this. I’m a painter and I love how you combined the two aesthetics. Make sure you trademark this OUT LOUD, because some fashion designer from some website or magazine is going to steal your idea. (Why wouldn’t they? It’s brilliant)

16. Catherine Friday 7 October, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

You are incredible! I love these.

17. bc Friday 7 October, 2011 at 10:31 pm #

these photos made me ridiculously happy–especially the third one. Thank you!

18. Gwen at La Bottine Couture Saturday 8 October, 2011 at 8:43 am #

Diana, in an effort not to sound totally in love with your blog…I’m totally in love with your blog! You’re such an Inspiration to me! I just tweeted that the world should have you on their blog roll!

19. Asiye Saturday 8 October, 2011 at 9:22 am #

brilliant!
    love the way you put it together- some amazing pieces and gorgeous art

20. Adi Saturday 8 October, 2011 at 2:58 pm #

Absolutely inspiring!

21. A.D. Sunday 9 October, 2011 at 10:39 pm #

They really have interjected so much life into this collection. You did a great job on expressing that!

22. brazen Thursday 13 October, 2011 at 9:23 pm #

Love this! Awesome

23. raneytown Tuesday 18 October, 2011 at 11:13 pm #

love that this popped up in my trendland email today! proud of your excellence. xo.

24. kirstyfromsydney Wednesday 19 October, 2011 at 4:37 am #

whoa! if Kenzo haven’t signed you up for some work they should…. you got me, I am subscribing to you right now Miss Moss.

25. Nina Papaioannou Wednesday 19 October, 2011 at 7:39 am #

I love your concept and they way you combined the Kenzo outfits with the paintings!!!
    Very inspiring!!!
    You have an amazing blog!

Come by my blogs and follow them if you like! Write me a message and I will be happy to follow you back!
    Kisses from Greece
    Nina

26. Nina Papaioannou Wednesday 19 October, 2011 at 7:43 am #

Love your post and your blog!!!! Very inspiring ….I am so glad I found you from TrendLand!

Kisses from Greece
    Nina

27. Anika Thursday 20 October, 2011 at 5:40 am #

Miss Moss! Love love love this. I just stumbled onto your blog and am gorging myself on the archives.

28. Rebecca Friday 21 October, 2011 at 7:32 am #

Yes Great site!

29. jessica rae sommer Friday 21 October, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

BEYOND BRILLIANT. I love these. Ahhh. Your work is always so inspiring. I’m a designer, artist, and fashion illustrator from Los Angeles and I thrive on people like you who inspire me! Thank you for your work and sharing,

Be sure to check out my work, I would loveee to hear your thoughts!

Many Thanks!
    Jessica Rae Sommer

30. Sharon Tredinnick Wednesday 16 November, 2011 at 8:37 am #

These images are really quite beautiful especially the second and fourth. Very clever.

31. Ottavia Friday 16 December, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

Love it! I Just posted on my blog saying how much I love your work, hope you don’t mind :D http://goo.gl/cdqkd

32. :) Sunday 25 December, 2011 at 8:21 pm #

This is so, so brilliant!! I love it! My favourite one is the third one– the model fits perfectly with the painting :) Love this post, love this blog :) Thank you so much for doing this blog; it’s my now my favorite blog <3

33. duckalicious Thursday 5 January, 2012 at 10:57 pm #

I just love what you did here!

34. Lally Thursday 19 January, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

oh gosh these are so so beautiful! I can’t even describe my love for them hah !

35. Laura Thursday 3 April, 2014 at 12:10 am #

You really took those outfits somewhere. Thank you.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. LOVELY LANDSCAPES | very pretty, please - Tuesday 18 October, 2011

[...] here Share this:Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in Uncategorized. [...]

2. “Re-imaginando” Moda « - Wednesday 19 October, 2011

[...] editores do site Miss Moss , blogueiros sul-africanos, criaram a série que entitularam Re-imagining Kenzo que mistura arte, pintura e moda, com o objetivo de mostrar algo mais coerente com essa nova pegada [...]

3. Kenzo באווירה אחרת | מחברת השראה - Sunday 23 October, 2011