Design, Film, Living

Casa Malaparte

Casa Malaparte is a house on the Isle of Capri which sits on a cliff 32 metres above the sea overlooking the Gulf of Salerno. it was designed in 1937 by Adalberto Libera for the italian writer & journalist Curzio Malaparte. in 1963 the house was used in Le Mépris, a film by Jean-Luc Godard starring Brigitte Bardot.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply fanfamfun Tuesday 11 October, 2011 at 10:53 am

wow! this is the place to be. so beautiful. i wonder who lives there now? x

• Reply emma Tuesday 11 October, 2011 at 11:18 am

I think ‘wow’ just about covers that!

• Reply Edelweissnyc Tuesday 11 October, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Beautiful! And I always love me some Brigitte Bardot.

• Reply rooth Tuesday 11 October, 2011 at 3:23 pm

That is such a unique place and location – I’m not surprised most of the shots are of the outside of the house

• Reply Bobby Tuesday 11 October, 2011 at 4:12 pm

umm….. wow. wow, wow.

wow.

• Reply Gillian Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 5:28 am

Thank you for posting this! I love Le Mepris and the scenes that showcase Casa Malaparte are among the best in the film!

• Reply sally Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 5:37 am

Brigitte’s style is great, I must watch this film.

• Reply Camila Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Wow those pics are amazing! And that house is def something else!

• Reply Ali Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Beautiful house! While designing in architecture school, that house and those stairs were always in the back of my mind!

• Reply alexandra Thursday 13 October, 2011 at 5:03 pm

i love those pics, brigitte is so beautiful!

• Reply Sweet Harvest Moon Saturday 15 October, 2011 at 11:51 am

WOW! Her hair is so beautiful…

• Reply Michelle Monday 25 June, 2012 at 3:46 am

Was just in capri and wondered about this house as we sailed and walked by – is the most beautiful place in the world – and I live in the western Caribbean and know many amazing islands in the world – visit CAPRI

• Reply Elise Lévêque Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Le Mépris with the sublime Bardot, such a Godard classic.

• Reply jeongwon Wednesday 12 September, 2012 at 6:33 am

i thought these photos would be shot just for fashion campaign. but now i realized that it is a film.