Living

House Wellington 7B & 7C

another thing i have been doing a lot of in anticipation of moving soon, apart from browsing etsy, is actually looking for a new place to stay.* which is a frustrating process, at best. so when i get sick of looking at dingy, overpriced flats i start looking for things that actually inspire me – like these two flats in Cape Town’s CBD designed by architects Wolf & Wolf.

We designed a new penthouse loft apartment in the historic Fruit Growers Building in Cape Town. We explored the concept of re-fabrication, using as much of the existing timber on site and re-working it. The result is our take on what a “Cape Town” style loft apartment is. House Wellington 7C is a compact version of 7B. Here we explore the idea of compact Urban Living. The total area is 50m²

* may as well take this opportunity to appeal to people in the cape town area who are reading this – if you have a flat or know of a flat in cape town that is becoming available next year please email me! that’s the smell of desperation, friends.

House Wellington 7B:

House Wellington 7c:

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply moira Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 2:18 pm

i know what you mean, i do exactly the same but it has the downside to make the flats i look at even more dingy *sigh*
    anyways, good luck with your research!

• Reply Lara Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Hi Miss Moss

I am leaving my flat at the end of Jan 2012 and it is my little piece of heaven on earth.
    I love it sooo much and sad to be leaving.

I’m not sure what you are looking for but it’s a one bedroom with gorgeous wooden floors, spacious, lots of light and cupboard space.

It’s in High Level Road, Greenpoint.

Let me know if you are interested and I can let the landlord know.

Lara x

• Reply Anna Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 3:42 pm

its funny how when you’re looking for somewhere to live you get so interested in images of living spaces…

• Reply DEN Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 4:58 pm

you should go live in this exact flat!

• Reply Miss Moss Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 5:00 pm

that would be nice.

• Reply Joy Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 7:01 pm

The interiors are so natural and gorgeous!

• Reply Matariki Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I can’t believe that is 50m2, it’s smaller than our house and yet it still looks more spacious. And the woooood, oh to have so much exposed wood, swoon.

• Reply Vicki Wednesday 12 October, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Ah, i love those two flats – Wolf and Mel are so clever with little spaces – see the metal railing underneath the counter in the living room part of the space – that’s wear the wood can drop down to become a seat – enough for 10 people, they are so clever. Will def keep an eye/ear out – old or new space? V x

• Reply Nina Thursday 13 October, 2011 at 8:54 am

Thanks for sharing – so great to see these kinds of spaces/interiors created locally!

• Reply rooth Thursday 13 October, 2011 at 5:21 pm

What beautiful and simple places, although the sleeping loft freaks me out a little

• Reply grethe Thursday 13 October, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Ha, that’s so weird. I was going to live in flat 7b. My dad almost bought it a few months ago but it was too small us. It’s really really beautiful but there is no parking, just something to consider. Good luck with the hunt.

• Reply GANG AND THE WOOL Thursday 13 October, 2011 at 10:59 pm

adore
    ;)
    kisses from barcelona

• Reply Lauren at TwIn Style Friday 14 October, 2011 at 1:54 am

Oh, to live somewhere that gorgeous and well-designed. My apartment is definitely quite boring on the inside; beige carpets, nondescript light fixtures, linoleum flooring in the kitchen, etc. That said, it is very well-maintained, which is so hard to find (at least here in the US). Good luck on your search!

• Reply Thomas Friday 14 October, 2011 at 10:24 am

This apartment has to be the one of the most amazing living spaces I have ever seen!
    And its in my city!

Surrounded by wood! Its definitely where I want to be living..
    My dream house/apartment for sure!

• Reply eves Friday 14 October, 2011 at 2:21 pm

oh my — great work, and right here in cape town. great ideas to recreate as well.

• Reply Agnes Deer Sunday 16 October, 2011 at 10:07 pm

That’s an amazing place to live in! I hope you find something close to that! :)

• Reply stephanie Monday 17 October, 2011 at 5:17 am

i wish that my husband was ok with me hanging my favorite frocks from the ceiling!

• Reply ninskigirl Thursday 20 October, 2011 at 6:58 am

The beauty is I saw this apartment in Elle Decor over 6 years ago and STILL in love with it now when i saw it again. Natural timber just doesn’t ever date!